Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

I'm about to go to war with the local train station.

They have built a new station, closer to where I live. Sounds great but there is a massive wooden fence preventing me from getting to it. I have to walk all the way past it, around past the old station then go back on myself adding ten minutes of unnecessary walking to my journey. They have a gate that is padlocked shut.

For the past month or so I've just been climbing over the fence. Last week official looking people saw me do this and started mumbling to eachother, so I shouted "you should probably do something about that" thinking they would take the padlock off the gate. Instead they have planted trees where I jump over.

I went into the ticket office the other day and asked why the gate was locked. He said it was because there is a fire hydrant behind the fence so the gate has to be locked. I said that didn't make any sense, so then he told me the residents had all wanted it locked. I told him I was a resident, then I was told to take it up with the council. I said I'd take care of it.

The following night I went back with a drill and removed the padlock. The next two days were lovely as I could just walk through. Earlier I went to go through it and they have just put a second padlock on that can't be removed with a drill.

Obviously this is now war. I don't know what my next move will be. I'm thinking of either removing the whole gate, getting an electric saw and cutting my own doorway or ordering some sulphuric acid from Amazon to try and burn the new lock off. Other options are installing a rope ladder, digging some kind of tunnel or just setting fire to the whole lot.

• Paid Members

I've bought some anti-hangover pills in preparation for going to Boston in a couple of weeks, which will be ten days of horrific debauchery.

I'm going to road test them today in the name of science. This could potentially be a wonderful purchase.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Ru21. It has a testimony from a real doctor of some kind of science on the back. I'm planning to get blottoed so I can test these out first hand. When I wake up feeling luxurious and fresh as a daisy, you'll all be sorry for doubting Gus Mears and his wacky hangover pills then.