NXT possibly ending..?

Drfunke

If it does end this era of NXT, its surprising in a sense, but in many ways it isn't. I've wondered for a while why they have so much main event level talent and great workers in NXT, a segment of the company that doesn't make money, rather than the main roster, which needs help and is responsible for financial success. NXT had a good run, but with HHH getting his boy Ryan Ward as head writer of Smackdown and a brand split that requires depth, this may well be, in essence, NXT becoming Smackdown as PunkStep alluded to.

Then NXT starts all over again to create the next wave. That's really what they should be there for. If Raw and Smackdown become great on a weekly basis (I know, I know), people won't worry so much that NXT isn't what it used to be.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7AD4C297-B500-4428-94F4-5410C8624037_zps

Takes it pretty much right upto the brand extension. If they are 'ending' it, you would think that Full Sail having been it's base would get the big send off, even though that would be fucking painful with "please don't go!" chants or "better than Smackdown!" and such

I can't see any reason why they would end it other than this massive over reaction to it being called the end. November tour organized in uk already Inbeteeen main roster tour tells me it's going nowhere

I can't see any reason why they would end it other than this massive over reaction to it being called the end. November tour organized in uk already Inbeteeen main roster tour tells me it's going nowhere

How do you know NXT are touring the UK in November?

I think the end may just signify the current roster, with the likes of Balor, Bailey, Joe etc all moving to Raw/Smackdown and a new generation as it were then starting a new chapter in NXT. I doubt NXT will stop altogether. 

Also I'm sure NXT has been announced for WrestleMania 33 next year in the same arena as Raw/HOF when they did the Mania 33 press release. So can't see it going anywhere but they have lots of work to do between now & then if they are to start afresh. 

they are at the hydro In Glasgow Shortly after icw fear and loathing 9

they are at the hydro In Glasgow Shortly after icw fear and loathing 9

Ahhh okay thanks, I'd only seen last year's and this June's tour.

NXT works perfectly as a means of developing WWE in ring styles, persona's, characters, mic skills, etc. all in an environment which is WWE controlled and provides valuable exposure to these guys.

People like Sasha Banks, Owens, Zayn etc would not have been as likely to be immediately over with the majority of the crowds not just the ''smart'' fans if they hadn't been on NXT first.

I don't see any way whatsoever in which WWE would benefit by shutting it down altogether and when they need new and fresh content for the network also then why stop producing something like that which only seems to have benefits. I can't imagine that it costs a great deal?

NXT has too many guys in developmental to be able to showcase them all on hour long shows and draws steady crowds doing smaller house shows without their bigger named stars so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't continue to do that.

I feel it's likely that some of the stand outs from the cruiserweight show will end up signed to NXT contracts if they haven't been already and after their exposure then they can hopefully fill gaps left behind.

If Dash/Dawson, American Alpha, Balor, Joe, Itami, Nakamura, Bayley, Asuka, Bliss all moved up from NXT then there's still plenty down there that can be placed into higher positions and showcased more prominently.

• Paid Members

From the Observer news page:

According to WWE officials, there is nothing to read into the sudden disappearance of the NXT show over SummerSlam weekend from the WWE and Ticketmaster schedule.

The show was scheduled for 8/20 at the Barclays Center, the first of three straight nights WWE was running the building with NXT, SummerSlam and Raw. All three nights sold out last year, and last year's NXT show drew easily the biggest crowd in NXT history with more than 13,000 fans.

On Tuesday, WWE officials said that Ticketmaster would be updating the page with new logos and information and that the show is still on.

When it appeared that the next major show had disappeared, there were performers in NXT concerned yesterday because they haven't been told anything, and the 6/8 TakeOver show is billed as "The End".

Obviously, it would make no sense to drop NXT as the training facility is the key to the future of the company and they need to run live events to give the upcoming wrestlers ring experience before they start in televised matches or move to the main roster.

Archived