NXT possibly ending..?

Drfunke

Just curious as to nxt takeover brooklyn being pulled from ticketmaster listing. It also had the name nxt: the end shortly before that.

With the brand split etc do we see nxt changing or even finishing altogether??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm not sure that it will cease all together but I could very well see them reducing output. For example the takeovers in smaller venues. I find it had to imagine with the brand split that the polished workers will stick around. With no Samoa Joe, Balor, Nakamura, Bayley American Alpha etc I can't see a way it doesn't taper off a bit.

I reckon they may not want it as out there as it is just now simply due to the possibility of over exposure before someone has even reached the main roster. They can't really repackage someone before they hit the main shows anymore.

Hopefully they're winding it back a bit to being a proper developmental show, and putting some of the current top guys on Raw and SmackDown. You could already see they were going to be struggling for Takeover cards in the near future.

• Paid Members

I think the one concern is at the moment its Triple H's baby so has a degree of protection and has someone with clout invested for it. If the rumours are true Smackdown is now going to be Hunters baby which might be a negative two fold. 1) His attention is going to be taken up purely with his new "brand" 2) He is going to take all his guys froms NXT leaving it destute and leavig looking forward to the Drifter and No way Jose main eventing the next takeover

• Paid Members

I don't necessarily see that as a negative, I'd just mean Smackdown is the new must-see show for the NXT style/guys/formula/clapclapclap. And you'd have two hours of it, live, with a load of other guys thrown into the mix. Sounds like a win to me.

Archived