The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread *MMA Edition*

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

That was a strange fight with the weird Pride/K-1 hybrid ruleset. Without being arsed to check I think it was something like 5x3 minute rounds with takedowns allowed but you had to let the opponent up after a few seconds or something silly. And no judges. That’s why it was automatically a draw. Nobody got finished so it was an automatic draw. Odd fight all-round really. 

Cro Cop really made Wandy look foolish in the rematch though. Everyone remembers the KO but he was proper dismantling Wand before that. One of Cro Cop’s best performances in MMA. 

Aye, Wanderei was coming off a nice little run going into the rematch. He'd looked average against Yoshida and lost to Arona  in 2005. However, he just about avenged the loss to Arona by split decision on the New Year's Eve show and absolutely slaughtered Fujita in the summer of 2006. 

Wanderlei hadn't been stopped in 8 years going into the Cro Cop rematch. It was thus quite stunning when Cro Cop took him apart. I recall Trigg being beside himself with agony on commentary (Trigg was chummy with Silva at the time). 

• Paid Members

Ive never seen that first Crocop/Wanderlei fight. I always saw highlights back in the day but never got around to getting a tape of the show it was on.

Pride/Japan busted out those mixed rules fights now and again, they like to do things differently over there.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just seen that last post. What the fuck Jim? 😂 What exactly was it you were looking for to stumble upon that monstrosity? 

Anyway, what I came in here for. Cyborg was at that AEW thing this weekend and seemed to have had the time of her life. Look at some of these pictures; 

Where else would you see a photo of Cyborg and Kenta Kobashi?;

140777-C7-137-E-4556-A147-B48-B5-D3-EBF9

With Booker T and Ron Simmons;

2-FD6013-E-265-A-4-E23-83-A4-D0-BFD4-E83

And with a still quite ill-looking Tank Abbott; 

7-AE69-BFA-8-F99-457-D-884-D-06-B483-CE6

Not quite sure what that Cyborg belt is about though. Hardly the smoking skull is it? 

Edited by wandshogun09

12 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

outside of the terrible shirt i think he looks pretty good.

He's 54 years old, Ebb. If you look at him and think that looks like someone who's doing pretty good then I'd hate to imagine what you consider someone who looks gaunt and ill.

• Paid Members

well for a guy whos just come back from a liver transplant and 107 days in ICU i think he looks alright. He's looking much healthier in that picture than in other recent photos of him. 

and remember, 7 years ago the guy looked like this...

maxresdefault.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...