The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread *MMA Edition*

Egg Shen

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah, I honestly think there’s more chance she knew who he was than the other way around. He probably thought she was Bisping’s mum or something.

The picture is from a Combat Americas show last August. It was her first MMA experience and she said it was “an extraordinary art and athletic expression.” 

http://www.justjared.com/2019/08/27/dame-helen-mirren-checks-out-her-very-first-mma-fight-with-tito-ortiz/

Fuck knows what that conversation with Tito went like though. 

• Paid Members

I fucking love Helen Mirren, and not just for the obvious reasons. Even with her level of fame and the acclaim she has, she still marks out for others - look at how she makes Stephen Colbert the most hated man on TV for a few seconds:

• 2 weeks later...

I love that photo. 

Kid Yamamoto and Hirou Nihei built Kyoji up. Dan Lambert and Mike Brown fine-tuned his skills and turned him into a world-class fighter. 

I really hope he becomes a permanent part of Bellator's roster in the next few years. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Even during his UFC stint a few years back, you could see he had something. Of all Mighty Mouse’s victims during that title reign, I always said I thought Horiguchi was the one I thought could come back and give him a real test in a rematch. I felt like that title shot just came a few fights too soon for Horiguchi just because the UFC needed challengers to throw at DJ. I’d still love to see DJ vs Horiguchi 2 at some point. Hopefully when normal MMA resumes, Horiguchi can get back to winning ways and get in the running. I’m sure Rizin and ONE can work it out.

Was always disappointed we never got Horiguchi vs John Lineker when they were both in the UFC as well. Would’ve been fireworks however long it lasted. Maybe that fight can happen as well now Lineker isn’t in the UFC. 

Edited by wandshogun09