The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread *MMA Edition*

Egg Shen

27 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’m sure Rizin and ONE can work it out.

I've read speculation that neither promotion will see 2021. The latter in particular is meant to be on borrowed time.

I agree about DJ vs Hoirguchi 2. I would love to see that at some point. It was immediately following that loss that Horiguchi started training at ATT. He's tightened up his game a lot since and I think he would do much better against DJ now. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

I've read speculation that neither promotion will see 2021. The latter in particular is meant to be on borrowed time.

Never heard about this but that’s a shame. Can’t say I followed either promotion closely but it’s never a good thing for the sport when promotions go bust. Maybe Rizin heading for the iceberg is why we’ve seen guys like Jiri Prochazka and Manel Kape signing with the UFC recently. 

Only silver lining would be that maybe somewhere like Bellator can swoop in and snatch up Mighty Mouse and Horiguchi full time and we can get the rematch in an organisation that’s actually televised over here. They’d be great additions to the Bellator roster. I think Eddie Alvarez back in Bellator would be a boost as well. I think Coker could make that happen. 

• Paid Members

It really would be a shame if ONE went down, for sure. They were building up an image for themselves as the UFC of Asia, in terms of audience and reach. And they were giving the world an insight into how the Asian martial arts scene was progressing.

If they did go bust, obviously I'd expect Bellator to pick up the bigger names as wand mentions, DJ, Horiguchi and Alvarez, but I particularly would like to see the grafters like Aung La N Sang and Eduard Folayang get to continue their time in the bigger ponds.

• Paid Members

If One were doing so well. Why are they in danger of failing? Can they not consolidate and ride this out?  I've noticed a few of their programs on one of the sports channels over the last week. One seemed to be a DJ special. 

Have they not been able to run similar shows to the current UFC ones? Meisha Tate is some sort of adviser to the company. How useful she is to them only they know. The company itself is run by some of Asia's investment bankers. You never really know what those guys are actually up to. 

• Paid Members

“Not bad for an old man.” That was probably back at the peak of randy Randy’s womanising days where he had a different 25 year old blonde on his arm every few months. A decade and a bit later and he’s wanking on Skype and having heart attacks. Father Time finally got him 😞

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...