The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread *MMA Edition*

Egg Shen

Just now, Egg Shen said:

The first was when the legend Matt Horwich KO'd him in the IFL. Radach was killing everyone in the IFL, Horwich was a grinder with no apparent punching power. Horwich sparked Radach in round 2 with a left hand. Made me a Matt Horwich fan for life.

Was Horwich the God botherer who used to bring a bible into the cage with him after fights?

The Radach vs Smith fight was an awesome one from what I remember.

• Paid Members

Horwich is off the charts weird. His fighting style was so weird too, i didnt really look like he'd even trained in terms of technique, just super awkward, he just wandered forward taking ridiculous punishment and would grind people out. Ive seen videos of him recently and he looks abit of mess, poor bugger.

Edited by Egg Shen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Look at this for a squad;

image.thumb.jpeg.82d4d25a7bdb604d739334f2dfde5766.jpeg

My question: Without googling, who’s that crouching down on the left at the front? I think I know but I want to see if the same name crops up from any of your fine selves? 

As for the others, they shouldn’t need introducing but starting at the back from left to right - Alistair Overeem, Tom Erikson, Gary Goodridge, Mark Coleman, Fedor Emelianenko, Wallid Ismael in the middle, then obviously Antonio Inoki and Mirko Cro Cop at the front.

But who’s our mystery man?

image.jpeg.588d4d55f925d1b89b8e17e9a2d8332b.jpeg

• Paid Members

Pretty certain it’s a young Igor Pokrajac.

image.jpeg.b71dd5133044eb4a409ff60c09d94fbf.jpeg

image.jpeg.def8c69204212574f61d3f2fb0d71a9b.jpeg

Admittedly, a bit of a tricky one but he did have a couple of stints in the UFC. Most notably losing to Stephan Bonnar and Jan Blachowicz but he did have an absolute cracker of a hidden gem against Fabio Maldonado in 2012 that’s worth tracking down. Was surprised to learn he’s still fighting and got stopped in 37 seconds as recently as June.

Edit - 2003 sounds about right @jimufctna24, without looking up the cards my guess would be around the time of Fedor vs Fujita but I can’t remember if Erikson was still around by then. Could be late 2002. 

Edited by wandshogun09

8 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Edit - 2003 sounds about right @jimufctna24, without looking up the cards my guess would be around the time of Fedor vs Fujita but I can’t remember if Erikson was still around by then. Could be late 2002. 

Fedor didn't win the Pride HW title until March of 2003. 

So I am pretty certain it was taken after that. 

Edited by jimufctna24