WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Had a bash on the Battlefield 3 co op with Loki. Immense fun, until we had to fly a chopper!

I loved Batterfield 3. Not as much as Bad Company 2 but still a lot.

It's the only thing I've had fun with on line.

I think, in retrospect, everything is the ultimate about Battlefield 3, except for the multiplayer map designs. I think those peaked in Bad Company 2/Vietnam. The way they cut down certain maps for certain modes was a step backwards I think. And there's a couple of maps that have fundamental chokepoints that can make a game a brutally one-sided affair is it gets to a certain point.

The Co-Op are great, but Keith and I definitely suffered from the fact that neither of us have ever bothered to fly a chopper in the game before. I find I never touch vehicles, sniping or flying. I'm just a guy with a gun, a grunt, and that's how I like it.

Roll on Battlefield 4!

- swim move with a fast linebacker lining up over the right tackle.

Aha, that helps. I've tried looking for videos for help but they all talk as if the person watching knows about NFL. An idiots guide video would be helpful.

Cheers for the other tips. Once I get my head around it a bit more I'll move up a difficulty. I've won about 10 games now and only lost one. I don't want it to get boring.

• Paid Members
I think you'd be lost trying to jump on MGS with the HD collection, Tommy. The original game looks terrible now, but is still a must-play, not just because it's a classic (the story will definitely grab you), but also it's pretty essential if you want to understand what's going on in the sequels/prequels. It's cheap enough now that it'd definitely be worth trying out first, then see if you want to go on from there.

I should have listened. I started playing MGS3, I alerted every guard I met and then fell off a cliff.

I should have gone for MGS or MGS2 :(

I've come to the conclusion that MGS2 is dull as fuck. Here's what I sent my mate to summarise:

The story is too complex, Raiden is unlikable and always self-doubting or arguing with the Colonel, Rose is annoying and I don't care for their relationship, the layout is boring (orange pipes outside, grey pipes inside. Twelve struts), the boss battles are dull, too much running back and forth (bombs, swimming with Emma, chasing after weapons like the sniper) and too many cutscenes. I preferred the first, definitely. I can see me playing the first again where it's a real chore to play the second. It's a shame because there's a lot of decent touches and ideas. It was ahead of it's time in innovation and AI but I'm not invested at all.

MGS1 was amazing, funny, clever, innovative and is rightly part of videogame history.

Pretty much every sequel has been shit though. What was cute in the first one just becomes massively tedious over time in the rest.

I played the first recently and still prefer it. It seems to flow better, you play as Snake more, more interesting settings and villains, I understand the story and you care about Meryl.

Gutted that's your assessment as I'd heard MGS3 was perhaps the best one.

MGS3 is the greatest game of all time in my eyes, but it's probably not the best idea to trust my opinion as my joint top game is Deadly Premonition. While MGS2 was a bit of a mess i found 3 fixed everything and took the vibe of the first game but added to it in every department.

I'm currently playing through too many games at one time but Catherine is standing out, bloody difficult but worth it for the story and bar sequences.

*fap fap fap*

EDIT: Broken Sword Kickstarter

I'm more interested in the stretch target of $1m where they'll greenlight a sequel to "Beneath a Steel Sky". Not enough to fap to though, especially as it didn't reach that figure. :(

Edited by Megan Midas

• Paid Members
Does a ps3 controller charge through any USB device? I don't have a pay station but want to buy a controller to use with my Nexus 10.

The PS3 pads have a mini USB port. So you will need a mini USB cable to charge one up. I charge my Nexus 7 and my phone via my DVD recorders USB port. So in theory I should be able to charge the PS3 pad too. I'll try it out when I get home and let you know.

Just tried it. It doesn't seem to be charging the pad. No flashing lights.

The Nexus 10 is a tablet, correct? How will you use a PS3 pad with it?

Edited by BigJag

Seeing as this generation is coming to a climax does anyone have any hidden gems, mainly from the earlier years? I've been eyeing up a game called Folklore from 2006 i think and had never even heard of it before this past week, any good?

• Paid Members
Seeing as this generation is coming to a climax does anyone have any hidden gems, mainly from the earlier years? I've been eyeing up a game called Folklore from 2006 i think and had never even heard of it before this past week, any good?

Is that the PS3 RPG/Adventure game? It's not that bad. Nothing mind blowing, but enjoyable. Worth getting for what I assume will be a cheap price these days.