WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Anyone been playing that free PS4 game, Let It Die? It's surprisingly decent and hasn't begged me for microtransactions yet, I find it a tad clunky but it's got bags of weird charm and it helps that I like the Soulsborne games as it takes a little inspiration from their mechanics.

I've also reinstalled the original Dawn of War, it's been years since I really played an RTS.

Is the PS4 still notorious for getting hacked/accounts broken into and all that sort of stuff? I only ask because this morning I received an email saying my sign in details have been changed, and sure enough I can't log in any more. Definitely didn't change it myself, and nobody else has access to my account. I've only had the PS4 for a couple of weeks as well. Doesn't really fill you with confidence!

Ouch.

Did you use the same login details for another site/service? Possible that something else you use got compromised/hacked.

I feel your pain though. My old Xbox account was compromised back in the day due to another site I was a member of being hit. MS were quick to refund my points, lucky my credit card had long expired.

Plenty of horror stories online but it's hard to know what is true or bs.

If/when you get the situation resolved I would recommend turning on two step verification asap.

Edited by The King Of Swing

See, I only heard of this two-step verification thing when I was trying to find out how to get back into my account this afternoon. Seems like the sort of thing they should maybe have pushed a bit more when setting the account up in the first place. If I'd known about it, I definitely would have done it, given Sony's past problems in those sort of areas. They don't make it easy to contact customer services, either. Sent an email in the end, but they're "experiencing higher than usual levels of activity" or something so I expect it'll be ages until I get any sort of response. What an absolute faff.

At least Sky Force Anniversary on the Xbone is absolutely incredible. If anyone's up for a really enjoyable shoot 'em up with a bit of a grinding/RPG element (replaying levels to collect stars to level up, and passing challenges to earn medals to unlock later levels), it's well worth the 8 quid.

It turns out the best way to fix it is to Tweet the UK Playstation help account, who will then send a live chat link in a direct message where they can get you back into your account within a couple of minutes. Made up they sorted it so quickly, but still a ballache that it happened in the first place. At least no transactions made or anything. I asked how it happened and the reply was just "someone got access to your email address and password", followed by a recommendation to set up the two-step verification thing. Alarming stuff!

Anyone been playing that free PS4 game, Let It Die? It's surprisingly decent and hasn't begged me for microtransactions yet, I find it a tad clunky but it's got bags of weird charm and it helps that I like the Soulsborne games as it takes a little inspiration from their mechanics.

Playing that now and it's a pleasant surprise for sure. Definitely something I can see myself dining some time into when I fancy a break from my usual games.

For those on Xbox one:

Has any body had any controller issues? Mainly that of the controller losing connection with the console? Its a strange one, as in in connects fine, although if anything covers the control or is anybody walks past its line of sight, in instantly disconnects, and can also lose connection at random, which is very frustration during game play.

I've tried alternate controls, [which do the same thing], and playing with  my WIFI off, [in case it was that is interfearing with the signal or something] and it's still the same, so I presume its the connection in the console itself somehow? is there a way to fix that or is a write off?

As a work around I've gotten of the play/charge cables which is fine, although just wanted to ask incase its something like dust build up or something that I'm not thinking of hah.

• Moderators

I'm back to talk about ESO again. I'm nearing endgame in terms of max gear level (though you can still keep upping you're character stats after this), and there's still an insane amount of content I haven't even touched yet. And that's just PVE. I haven't even looked at PVP yet.

And there's so much variation in different character builds that you can make. And they're proper balanced builds, even if you want to seriously min max.

And even once you are in to doing dailies there's so much more variation, and so many dungeons.

This game is everything I wanted Destiny to be, absolutely shits all over it, and that is coming from someone who really enjoyed that game. The difference in the amount and the depth of content is staggering.

Also, the story isn't fucking terrible like Destiny, which is nice.