WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

PES, for very similar reasons.

The thing is, when FIFA 14 came out for the new gen it was really good. Then with FIFA 15 the gameplay changed quite dramatically and PES brought out their first new gen game and it was very good, despite some niggly problems. Overall it was just better. And it seems that is the case again this year.

Maybe Konami have finally got there act together for this generation. Last gen I think I only chose two of there titles over FIFA. I can't remember which one's though. One may have been PES 2011 or possibly 2012.

• Paid Members

I turned to PES last year after 3 years with FIFA. I'm sure I read that FIFA didn't fully jump onto the next gen mode last year? Have they this year and just made it shit or is it the same story?

I'm hoping they do a sequel, but there's been no news so far.

Hypothetically, if someone who was signed up to the EA Sports mailing list had a hypothetical email sending a hypothetical survey about a hypothetical sequel to this game, then I would hypothetically consider it a very real hypothetical possibility...

All just guesswork like

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

dunno if it's across every ASDA store but the one local to me is having a games clearout, they have a bunch of PS4 and Xbox One games down to £10. Picked up the new Mortal Kombat earlier, bit of steal as it aint long come out. Might be worth going to have a look, they had around 15 different games for each console on sale.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

I've been playing The Witcher regularly since I bought my Xbone a few weeks ago (with the odd FIFA and Far Cry 4 break), not more to add that hasn't already been said other than the fact I'm hooked on Gwent.

I was up until about 2:30am trying to beat this fucking fisherman, who crushed me every time. Then I spent another half an hour trying to find games on Android similar to Gwent.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that Steve Justice didn't get it...

You would guess correctly sir.

Konami have really let themselves down today though unfortunately. Squad updates and transfers aren't being done until 29th October. It's amazing how many people were slagging FIFA off for its poor game play in comparison to PES, but they're now the same people who are ditching PES and buying FIFA because the squads are up to date. It baffles me that people would prefer to play a game that they themselves have deemed to be pretty poor, because they can't wait a month for the better game to be updated.

It's Konami's fault though, really.

• Paid Members

You almost have to play FIFA with a sense of dis-belief. It's a bit like the difference between pro-wrestling (FIFA) and MMA (PES). The gameplay of football is with PES. FIFA has the bells and whistles on top of a fairly competent depiction of football.

Peter Drury is made for gaming commentary. It's so over the top. I can see why people are getting annoyed but I think he's hilarious and fun.

There's only two main gripes I have with the game. Transfers (which will be sorted eventually), and lack of fouls. Again, I'm hoping this will be fixed with the update.