WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Does anyone watch Videogame Nation?

Its on Challenge at the weekends. Its a half hour programme, usually dedicated to a particular game / genre, but at the moment they are doing a series on most influential games. They have done the 80s, last week was the 90s and next week is the 00s.

I can't really remember the 80s, but for the 90s they had -

Super Mario 64

Resident Evil

Tomb Raider

Command & Conquer

Mario Kart

Pokémon

Street Fighter 2

Doom

Secret of Monkey Island

Metal Gear Solid

No Goldeneye which surprised me seeing as I remember Goldeneye revolutionising multiplayer.

Anyway its a pretty good little programme. Some of the talking heads are a bit annoying but overall its a fun show, if you're into games check it out

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Although, if you were a 360 guy last gen, you may be interested to know that Xbox 360 games will run on the Xbox One, as announced at E3 just now.

That's a massive fucking game changer for me. I think that's going to swing it for me.

Got a bonus at work this month, so fuck it, I'm gonna take the plunge and get an Xbone (for the very reason outlined above).

UKFFers, where is the best place to get decent bundles? I want more mound for my pound. Around £300ish.

• Awards Moderator

Although, if you were a 360 guy last gen, you may be interested to know that Xbox 360 games will run on the Xbox One, as announced at E3 just now.

That's a massive fucking game changer for me. I think that's going to swing it for me.

Got a bonus at work this month, so fuck it, I'm gonna take the plunge and get an Xbone (for the very reason outlined above).

UKFFers, where is the best place to get decent bundles? I want more mound for my pound. Around £300ish.

If you can, hang on until late October when the release window opens up massively. In about two months FIFA comes out and there's usually a bundle for that too.

Just decided to jump on the next gen consoles and went for a PS4 after having a 360 last gen, mainly as there's some Playstation exclusives I want to check out.

Anyway does it have to be connected to the internet constantly for updates etc? I have a long ethernet cable I could use but I use that for my SkyBox so debating whether just to buy another so I'm not having to swap them around.

Got the PS4 for a canny deal from ShopTo for £289.85, you get 3 months Playstation Plus and could pick 2 games ( I went for Infamous Second Son & The Last Of Us Remastered )

• Paid Members

When you do pick it up make sure to get EA Access. And add me. GT is Kingoftheting.

If you have a laptop or Windows tablet, Windows 10 allows you to stream your XBox One to the laptop/tablet screen. Just plug in your Xbox controller and play.

Also can I please just sing the praises of Elite:Dangerous again? Yeah? Ok. Thanks. I love this game so much that I haven't even touched Black Flag that I downloaded with GwG last month.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Yeah I think I'll definitely be getting EA after reading it on here first. I'll prob get it for a while until I probably end up getting the new FIFA as I'd imagine I won't be able to wait until it's added to the vault.

Does anyone watch Videogame Nation?

Its on Challenge at the weekends. Its a half hour programme, usually dedicated to a particular game / genre, but at the moment they are doing a series on most influential games. They have done the 80s, last week was the 90s and next week is the 00s.

I can't really remember the 80s, but for the 90s they had -

Super Mario 64

Resident Evil

Tomb Raider

Command & Conquer

Mario Kart

Pokémon

Street Fighter 2

Doom

Secret of Monkey Island

Metal Gear Solid

No Goldeneye which surprised me seeing as I remember Goldeneye revolutionising multiplayer.

Anyway its a pretty good little programme. Some of the talking heads are a bit annoying but overall its a fun show, if you're into games check it out

I watch this but one of the female talking heads looks the spitting double of Russell Howard, very off putting.  Another thing that has started really annoying me is the Australian blokes catchphrase of high def high five when the channel is broadcast in standard definition.  Other than that its easy to watch.

Edited by scotty_1120