WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I don't own a PS3, so I've watched a load of play throughs of The Last Of Us on YouTube. This is probably the only time I've regretted my decision to go with a 360. The game is stunning. Enjoy, you bastards! As far as my playing goes, I hit a bit of a wall of boredom with Madden '12, so I've gone back to RDR online. Slowly trying to make my way to level 50. Can't see it happening though.

Completed The Last of Us last night. From start to finish a fantastic game.

Game spoiler:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

What an absolute cunt David is and Ellie eventually killing him was great, reminded me of the ending to Friday 13th Part 4. David is also voiced by Nolan North, the same guy who does the voice for Nathan Drake in the Uncharted series.

Ending spoiler:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

When Joel was running with Ellie in his arms out of the hospital was so reminiscent of the games opening where he has his own daughter in his arms fleeing from the outbreak. I was fully expecting a Red Dead Redemption style ending with at least Joel or both him and Ellie dying at the end. The fact that this didn't happen and the overall simplicity of the ending was great. Was chuffed that they both survived and no doubt sets up either a full game sequel to the game or DLC continuation of it

Like Cleetus I'm trying to savor The Last of Us.

Only minor gripe so far is that it's pretty predictable at times if you are familiar with the whole Zombie and/or post apocalypse genre especially when it came to

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Henry and Sam being set us an a tragedy

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); but in the end it takes nothing away from the experience.

• Paid Members

You might have been better off with the other Walking Dead game.WalkingDeadSurvivalInstinct_herd_bonusLG_1.jpg

I'm not much of a fan of FPS. I saw it and thought it may be a bit like Broken Sword in it's gameplay. But just now it seems to be "click everything that's indicated and watch how it unfolds.." as oposed to try and work things out with little puzzles.I am only in the pharmacy in Macon though...

• Awards Moderator

Nice thread you've got here... Man I wish I was playing some Last Of Us. Will definitely be catching up with that soon. I've just started Demon's Souls. Everything I read about this being a double hard bastard was true. I had to abandon my first character as I was just getting spanked too much. One new roll and a two hour slog and I make it through the first level killing the boss in one go. It's a mean-spirited game (YOU DIED) but very satisfying when you make progress. I masochistically enjoying it.

Edited by Black2

I'm looking for a couple of good same screen 2 player games for the PS3. I downloaded Little Big Planet Kart the other day, but it's slower and nowhere near the fun of Mario Kart. Just looking for something my wife can get into. She's not a gamer but wants to be able to join in a couple of games.

I'm looking for a couple of good same screen 2 player games for the PS3. I downloaded Little Big Planet Kart the other day, but it's slower and nowhere near the fun of Mario Kart. Just looking for something my wife can get into. She's not a gamer but wants to be able to join in a couple of games.

Sonic Racing Transformed is a far far better kart game than LBP Karting. Get that instead, you won't be sorry. Also, if you're looking for something your missus can join in with, get a hold of Buzz! (preferably with the buzzer controllers) which is a gameshow trivia game. There are lots of different question packs you can get ahold of, and the presenter is voiced by Jason Donovan.

• Paid Members

Finished The Last Of Us today. What a bloody wonderful brilliant game. Amazing ending. Just perfect.With Ellie and Elizabeth in the past few months we've probably had 2 of the greatest video game characters ever. I can't gush about this game enough. The winter portion of the game is probably as good as games can ever get.There was one thing in particular that just made my jaw drop and it's a real testament to how well this game told it's story.And David while only in a small portion of the game is a video game character that will probably never be forgotten. Nolan North did a awesome job voicing him.

• Paid Members

Yep. Completed The Last Of Us last night and it's probably my favourite game of this generation. Just an incredible game with one of the best endings I can remember, easily the best acting I've seen in a game and a couple of moments that genuinely had me tearing up. It's grim as fuck, yet beautiful at the same time. I doubt there's anything that's going to beat it for GOTY. I can't wait to see what the single-player DLC is going to be.Did anyone else switch off Listening Mode? I found it really intrusive to the point that even the temptation to use it was ruining the immersion, so switched it off about half way through and never looked back. Not having it as an option definitely added to the tension.