UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know he's been talking about going to welterweight at some point, but going by that video he looks to be in prime shape. 155lbs could be his ideal weight, especially when you consider his height and reach etc. Plenty of great fights there for him as well.

Can't wait.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

During last night's fight night card there was a mention of tickets for UFC 196 still being available. This shocked me a little so I checked Ticketmaster and there seems to be a decent chunk of tickets still available. 

Is this a reflection on how little the event has been promoted or something else? 

One thing I was thinking is that I don't think the Irish presence will be as much as 189 or 194 just because how soon this fight has come around. There won't be many working class fans able to afford to fly out to Vegas after only a 3 month break.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think it's just too soon to expect people to go to Vegas again from Ireland. They may be saving up for UFC 200. And UFC have also saturated Vegas lately too in general, which affects other fans too. It'll do a good buy-rate though (700k+ I reckon) - I just don't expect people to travel to it.

Also, realistically with Vegas being burnt out, take a look at the ticket prices, for the nosebleeds the cheapest tickets appear to be $300 each minimum. Fuck that. I bet it's cheaper to fly there and back than buy a ticket if your fortunate. 

• Paid Members

Meltzer's last report on ticket sales was that some were still available, but they had sold a surprisingly large amount considering the high prices and quick turnaround since 194, and would likely sell out.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it will sell out eventually. 

I would say there's still about 20% of tickets still free. With Conor, despite the cost, I just expected a card with his name on, especially after 194, to sell out in a couple of weeks.

If it wasn't for the fact I've got a new born, I would have considered the trip.

Here's the link to see the seating chart and availability.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/ufc-196-las-vegas-nevada-03-05-2016/event/2E005028C5C20E73?artistid=806762&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=830

I shall imagine next week the hype machine will go into overload and the tickets will sell. It really took me by surprise when they said last night only 13 days to go, I was like sh!t I never worked it out to be that close, my brain is on the 'start of next month' brain wave still, not realising next month is next week

• Paid Members

Yeah, I posted that last week. Glad he squashed rumours about promoting on his own.

How are you embedding these vids?

You just paste the link Herbie and it automatically embeds. As long as its not the mobile link of YouTube.

• Paid Members

Then explain this shit!

https://ukff.com/topic/136981-ufc-196-dos-anjos-vs-mcgregor/?p=2982456

No mobile links here. Is it because I use "Quick Reply"?

Bizarre. Try it with www. in front of YouTube....

May not be the answer though.

I've never had a problem using it I'm quick reply either.

Edit. Maybe what carbomb has put below?

• Paid Members

I find I can only embed using the full version - there's a green and blue icon in the top left corner, three icons in. Click that, and gives you a few drop menus, in one of which you click "media" and then paste the YT vid URL in the bottom dialogue box.

Archived