UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sorry for double post, but good news is that they've cancelled this open workout and media call that was due today and it will now be a formal press conference. 

Fantastic decision as we now get the opportunity to see these 2 trade insults with each other. If it were the open workout/media day, we may have got a face off, but that's it. 

Still on Fight Pass only though ...

That doesn't matter really. Once it airs then it will be everywhere to see the clips. 

• Paid Members

Sorry for double post, but good news is that they've cancelled this open workout and media call that was due today and it will now be a formal press conference. 

Fantastic decision as we now get the opportunity to see these 2 trade insults with each other. If it were the open workout/media day, we may have got a face off, but that's it. 

That doesn't matter really. Once it airs then it will be everywhere to see the clips. 

Where is it on Fightpass, and when? Can't see it advertised!

• Paid Members

Where is it on Fightpass, and when? Can't see it advertised!

True, true.

Herbie, try here: http://www.ufc.tv/category/face-off-mcgregor-diaz

Edit: Ebb, looks like they've changed that for this one.

• Paid Members

Nothing on that link that mentions it. Will really be a bizarre decision if they move press conference's to fight pass. The whole point of a press conference is to gain as most exposure and promotion as possible. Having for it a small percentage of your audience is a strange decision. 

Was it not supposed to be the open workouts/media on fight pass till they changed it to a standard press conference? I'm pretty sure it will be live on youtube. 

• Paid Members

Agree with what you're saying. Can't find it on Youtube though ...

I assumed that link would have it if you clicked through whilst signed into Fight Pass. (Which I can't do because my subscription has run out).

Either way I'd recommend anyone signing up to FP for Saturday to do so by Friday chances are UFC may have a flood of traffic come Saturday and the site may be slow all day. Slightly concerned the stream may be shit come Saturday. They won't be used to the amount of viewers.

• Paid Members

I assumed that link would have it if you clicked through whilst signed into Fight Pass. (Which I can't do because my subscription has run out).

I'm not sure why you are searching youtube now chunk? It won't appear until shortly before it airs live, which is 9pm UK (I think). I know that they often have the links way in advance, but with this being short notice I don't think it will be there at the moment. 

Where did this talk of the press conference only being on fightpass come from anyway?

• Paid Members

I'm not sure why you are searching youtube now chunk? It won't appear until shortly before it airs live, which is 9pm UK (I think). I know that they often have the links way in advance, but with this being short notice I don't think it will be there at the moment. 

Where did this talk of the press conference only being on fightpass come from anyway?

Press Conference kicks off at 4 pm ET. Will be streamed on Youtube. That's 9pm UK time.

Yeah, I was basing it on a combination of UFC.com stating it was on Fight Pass and it not being list on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/UFC

They usually list live stuff on there in advance - the post fight presser for London is listed now for example - but I guess they haven't done it this time because of the late notice.

Good news.

• Paid Members

Yeah, prob not up there in advance as it was going to be a workout originally in the UFC Torrance, CA, gym & got changed to a press conference. Nick will be there too.... I expect fireworks. Diaz isn't going to let Conor talk to him like everyone else did. I hope Dana keeps them apart at the face-off or they'll both end up suspended!

I also wonder what Conor's approach will be towards Nate!? Will he be his usual abusive self, or will he take the respectful approach of "Well done Nate for stepping up on short notice". I expect the latter, immediately followed by way more of the former. "Props to Nate for stepping up, but.... he's a little cunt with flat feet and with an IQ less than my new Reeboks......."

• Paid Members

McGregor vs Diaz promo, fittingly featuring Biggie and Tupac...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=-G52ll7SzPE

Didn't even occur to me until watching that promo, and it's not important obviously, but that's another thing I love about this fight. These two are even at odds on their 90s rap. McGregor comes out to Biggie, Diaz comes out to Tupac.

Oh and the card order's been finalised as well;

ZOHFV.jpg

PPV MAIN CARD

Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz

Holly Holm vs Miesha Tate - Bantamweight Title

Ilir Latifi vs Gian Villante

Tom Lawlor vs Corey Anderson

Amanda Nunes vs Valentina Shevchenko

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS

Brandon Thatch vs Siyar Bahadurzada

Erick Silva vs Nordine Taleb

Vitor Miranda vs Marcelo Guimaraes

Darren Elkins vs Chas Skelly

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Diego Sanchez vs Jim Miller

Justin Salas vs Jason Saggo

Julian Erosa vs Teruto Ishihara

He's finally done it! He's made it. Break out the blue and yellow panties, play some ABBA and have a wank to Ulrika Jonsson...Ilir 'Some Fucker' Latifi is on PPV!

Archived