UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

To say Nate has nothing for Conor definitely sells his ground game short. He's no slouch at boxing either. I expect McGregor to win, but Nate isn't a jobber by any means. Especially at 170.

I can't wait. I might be even more excited than I was for the RDA fight.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, I agree with Guy, It'll be a great fight, but Conor beats him at everything. Speed, power, movement, etc. Nate may be good on the ground - but we always just hear about it & never really see it. Plus, I don't see him getting Conor down. He's not a power wrestler with great take-downs. Conor outclasses him striking easily. Nate has no power. He's quick and throws quantity, but he doesn't move like Conor.

• Paid Members

Really hard fight to call, i imagine McGregor's speed and movement will give Diaz fits on the feet, but i've picked against the Diaz Brothers so much in standup fights that's i can't really do so here, that accurate jab and combination punching has broken down so many fighters that i wouldn't at all be surprised if Nate was able to do with with Conor. 

Its great that we're getting this fight at a time when Diaz seems to have a new lease of life, chuck in the Diaz Bro's never really get out of shape so i don't really expect the 2 week difference to factor in too much.

Diaz took down and submitted Jim Miller with no issues, which surprised the shit right out of me considering Miller had never been submitted up to that point. If he can sub someone as savvy as Miller, he can sub McGregor given half the chance.

It's also worth remembering that Diaz schooled Cerrone not that long ago as well, which is no mean feat in itself. Fuck me, this fight looks more & more interesting the more you actually look at it in detail. It's certainly not the "Ha! Easy win for Conor" that a lot of folk seem to think it is.

• Paid Members

Jesus, another thing, imagine the taunting to one another in the octagon??? They both are renowned for talking shit to their opponent during the fight, but this could take it to a whole new level.

One side you will have a "where you at motherfucker" or the other side "Let's go boy (whilst he pisses himself laughing).

Diaz took down and submitted Jim Miller with no issues, which surprised the shit right out of me considering Miller had never been submitted up to that point. If he can sub someone as savvy as Miller, he can sub McGregor given half the chance.

It's also worth remembering that Diaz schooled Cerrone not that long ago as well, which is no mean feat in itself. Fuck me, this fight looks more & more interesting the more you actually look at it in detail. It's certainly not the "Ha! Easy win for Conor" that a lot of folk seem to think it is.

Completely agree, not an easy fight in the slightest.

Nate's ground game is nothing to be sniffed at and don't discount his stand-up, the guy has a killer jab and when that's on point it's very hard for his opponent to get through it.

Conor should win, but it's far from a sure thing as some people online are making out.

Completely agree, not an easy fight in the slightest.

Nate's ground game is nothing to be sniffed at and don't discount his stand-up, the guy has a killer jab and when that's on point it's very hard for his opponent to get through it.

Conor should win, but it's far from a sure thing as some people online are making out.

My main point with his ground game is that he doesn't necessarily have to take McGregor down wrestler-style, he could catch him with a flurry of punches, just enough to daze him a bit, then throw him in a submission.

I wouldn't bet against the fight finishing in that manner at all.

• Paid Members

Alternatively Conor could catch Diaz, putting him on the ground like he did Dennis Siver, but Diaz could use his ground game as well. It's a fascinating fight really. 

I'm still going with Mcgregor by stoppage though. Within 2 rounds.

• Paid Members

Sorry for double post, but good news is that they've cancelled this open workout and media call that was due today and it will now be a formal press conference. 

Fantastic decision as we now get the opportunity to see these 2 trade insults with each other. If it were the open workout/media day, we may have got a face off, but that's it. 

• Paid Members

Sorry for double post, but good news is that they've cancelled this open workout and media call that was due today and it will now be a formal press conference. 

Fantastic decision as we now get the opportunity to see these 2 trade insults with each other. If it were the open workout/media day, we may have got a face off, but that's it. 

Still on Fight Pass only though ...

Archived