The Orange Cordial Thread

Undefeated Steak

• Moderators

Ahh, stand-up. That well known not-at-all-self-destructive pastime!

Yeah, I hope Butch can get back to Rugby, the teetotal sport.

I feel like the dame of the old west. I've a six shooter in my garter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

My Dad, who is slightly less religious than Richard Dawkins, attended AA for a bit and did find it really helpful for a time Keith.

Although he did end up leaving eventually because of the religious connotations for what it's worth.

I've gone a fortnight without hitting the sauce which is the most I can recall since I started. This has been precipitated by being back on loony pills, but hey, I'm pleased either way.

I've made a conscious decision that I want to be entirely teetotal from now on. I'm about to give the one of the local groups a call and make an appointment. I'm gonna try and work with them to create a long-term strategy so I *hopefully* won't fall off the wagon a few months down the line.

Hope everyone in here's doing alright. 

I haven't been pissed in 3 months now. Usually sticking to a pint or so a week. I've not had more than 4 pints in a week since I made the decision to alter my drinking habit. I am amazed I've cut down so much as I was getting blackout drunk at least once a week and having several other drinking sessions each week.

It's improved my mental health no end and really has taken the strain off my relationship with my partner which is ace.

However, there's a big test creeping up on me. On Sunday my girlfriend and daughter are away for 10 days visiting her mother in France. I won't be going due to using up my paid holiday already. I have 3 days off a week at the moment which could quite easily get taken up by slipping back into old habits that I may be able to get away with a lot easy with just me in the house and I'm quite nervous about it.