I'm not sure where I should put this...

PowerButchi

• Moderators

...so I'm just going to leave this here. It's the art from a VHS. Irish of the board, who is he? Why is he? You're responsible for it.

video_paddyv_10_zps691f8dfb.jpg

Any more cringeworthy and cheap video art? Let's see. Bonus for obscure zelebs like him.

• Paid Members

That's Big O you're talking about. Not just a comedian. A musician as well. He seems like absolute fucking garbage.

As far as cheap cover art goes, thye've used this cover for brilliant North East comedian Bobby Thompson for 3 decades now. He deserves better than a candid shot of him eating a chip.

Bobby-Thompson-1982--Front-Cover-67776.j

• Moderators

That's Big O you're talking about. Not just a comedian. A musician as well. He seems like absolute fucking garbage.

The CD's called "It's time you had a laugh". I can just see someone receiving this off a loved one with the words "You've been so down since your parents died of carbon monoxide poisioning. Here, I bought you a CD. It's the Big O. It's time you had a laugh.".

Then the receiver turning the gas back on.

as Dave says, the first thing I thought of when I saw that was the CD's you see being sold along the coast. The best I ever saw of this type of thing was in Llandudno a few years ago from this guy. Hundreds of the bastards on the one stall surrounded by OAPs listening to what must have been an endless loop of every one of them available, but this one stood out among the rest

Aq4kgfN.jpg

So much to love. I never bought or listened to it and all I could imagine was it being 45 minutes of Mick making a tuneless drone on his accordion and gleefully boasting to the listener

"These are MY mountains you BASTARDS! MINE! STAY OFF 'EM! HAHAHA!"

• Paid Members

This 'Big O' appears to be both a liar, a cad and indeed perhaps a bounder too, if he believes that he is the funniest man in all of Ireland.

As Leonard Cohen famously said in his 1988 hit of the same name, 'Everybody Knows' that Jimmy Cricket is the funniest comedian from either Northern Ireland or the ROI. Followed closely by Roy Walker from Catchphrase. I doubt that this pie-gobbling dilettante has ever appeared in a Chas & Dave Christmas Special.

• Moderators

as Dave says, the first thing I thought of when I saw that was the CD's you see being sold along the coast. The best I ever saw of this type of thing was in Llandudno a few years ago from this guy. Hundreds of the bastards on the one stall surrounded by OAPs listening to what must have been an endless loop of every one of them available, but this one stood out among the rest

Aq4kgfN.jpg

So much to love. I never bought or listened to it and all I could imagine was it being 45 minutes of Mick making a tuneless drone on his accordion and gleefully boasting to the listener

"These are MY mountains you BASTARDS! MINE! STAY OFF 'EM! HAHAHA!"

My god, I LOVE MICK EDWARDS. I dunno who he is, BUT I LOVE HIM AND HIS COVER ART!

China-Doll-Front.jpg

Best-of-Country-Front.jpg

Golden-Favourites-V2-Front.jpg

• Paid Members

I remember Big O from the markets at Blackpool. They used to play his stuff on loudspeaker. Pretty sure he was Northern Irish. Couple of funny gags, but for the most part wasn't a fan.

• Moderators

MICK EDWARDS has also made a music video in what appears to be Llandudno. That's MICK EDWARDS.

MICK EDWARDS there, with the GREATEST VIDEO EVER MADE.

EDIT: It was made on the Lake District. So if any of you live there, you should feel honoured.

Archived