Major incident going on in Paris

Undefeated Steak

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Fucking tabloids trying to paint these attacks as revenge for "Jihadi John." Far too coordinated and immediate for it to have been related.

Absolutely. When the news first started to surface last night my friend suggested this, but as more details unfolded it became clear this was a long-planned operation. There's no way they could've prepared this within several hours.

BBC and SKY News are listing it as 128 deaths,

CNN are claiming 158 and Fox News at this exact moment as im typing are taking shots at President Obama for claiming that IS was "contained". "He's never seen that this is a global threat based on an ideology, he's tried to say that IS is not Islamic, he's called ISIS a jihadi terrier cave and at this late statge if our president doesn't get it, I've gotta tell ya, I'm really worried about what's going to happen in the next 15 months"

Everyone else is suspecting IS but not confirming it, Fox News are saying it definitely was and are taking a video transcript that no-one else seems to know anything about

• Paid Members

I'm getting into arguments with people while discussing whether or not these attacks and others like them are related to religion. I hate that I'm having to qualify everything I say with, "OF COURSE not all Muslims are terrorists, just like all Catholics weren't members of the IRA." But to say these attacks aren't at least in part rooted in religious beliefs is just wrong.

Nobody can have a discussion about the interpretation of Islam that inspires the leaders of groups like IS, and who go on to radicalise the people who carry out these attacks, without calling you a borderline racist. You can say Islam is a religion of peace, but their holy book is contradictory at best. It's quite frustrating.

• Paid Members

Of course it's about religion - specifically Islam. No idea why people are afraid to admit that - it's as if they're afraid of offending someone. Stating a fact is not racist. Just call a spade a spade. It's not saying that all Muslims are terrorists - but all terrorists seem to be Muslims. And as scummy as ISIS are, they are not doing anything that is not permitted by the Quran - so it is 100% based on Islam. Specific verses can be cited for their exact actions too.

• Paid Members

Of course it's about religion - specifically Islam. No idea why people are afraid to admit that - it's as if they're afraid of offending someone. Stating a fact is not racist. Just call a spade a spade. It's not saying that all Muslims are terrorists - but all terrorists seem to be Muslims. And as scummy as ISIS are, they are not doing anything that is not permitted by the Quran - so it is 100% based on Islam. Specific verses can be cited for their exact actions too.

Anders Breivik was a muslim, was he?

• Paid Members

Anders Breivik was a muslim, was he?

"but all terrorists seem to be Muslims." Full marks for pointing out one of the few exceptions though. 

I'm not having a go at Muslims - I'm having a go at Islam. All religion is evil.

Archived