Major incident going on in Paris

Undefeated Steak

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wondered on Friday why the cunt blew himself up outside the Stade de France during the game. I'm glad he did for minimum damage but seemed strange. Turns out he tried to enter the stadium and was sussed at the gate so blew himself up when challenged. That security saved many lives and one hell of a shitstorm.

• Paid Members

I was under the assumption that's what happened. Security at football is pretty decent. I've said in the past that a big game would be a lucrative target for terrorists and imy surprised this is the 1st time I've really heard it happen

On last nights news they were saying that these were "home grown" radicals, so closing the borders would have had no effect seeing as they were French citizens.

Lots of French born radicals are living in Belgium, and cars used in the attacks were Belgian registered, think that's why borders were initially closed.

but all terrorists seem to be Muslims.

You've heard of the IRA, yeah?
Fair point & I think they're pure scum as well. Again though - religion.
Is it the religion though, or are they just misrepresenting religion to try and give credibility to their own agenda?

Killing indiscriminately in the name of a religion that demands that Thou Shalt Not Kill doesn't hold water.

It's not religious, the IRA were simplified as being a catholic thing as opposed to purely an Irish Independence group as it helped push an us vs them mentality. They got the support of different groups, the IRA were heavily funded by the Americans (ironically the day after 9/11 they were due to be holding fundraising events in New York) on the grounds of Irish Independence for example, catholics against protestants was downplayed for the most part.

It is why Daesh also try to get across the "Islamic State" name (to answer the "so called" question). It pushes an us vs them mentality and does a part of their recruitment. It is how they're able to recruit people from the slums of Luton or Paris by getting these people to see themselves being treated as secondary citizens and the intolerance of them from people they grew up with. They're hiding behind the religious terminology because it draws them to them. Their initial recruitment was easy "are you tired of seeing your families blown up by the bombs of "the west"? Now we can fight back!" Now they're reaching out to a more international network playing on Islam vs the world rhetoric works better. Never mind that 99% of people suffering at their hands are Muslim, it fits their PR agenda to suggest it's bigger than that.

We are now becoming aware Friday was carried out by more local people than Syrian faux refugees, one named as a French national and eye witnesses to a white European being involved (separate individual) and now arrests in Belgium. It shows everyone that the us vs them rhetoric is working, so we could do without the standard increases in Islamophobia and aggressive stance from us that works as their recruitment tool. They've stated this is revenge for the bombings abroad, the solution of "bomb them more then!" probably won't do an awful lot of good and will likely kill more innocents that works as their local recruitment and just continues the spiral.

I wondered on Friday why the cunt blew himself up outside the Stade de France during the game. I'm glad he did for minimum damage but seemed strange. Turns out he tried to enter the stadium and was sussed at the gate so blew himself up when challenged. That security saved many lives and one hell of a shitstorm.

Thank goodness the security managed to deny them to enter the stadium, but all it would have taken for it to be a disaster was to have a steward working on the inside to open a fire exit to allow the bomber in. 

• Paid Members

ThinkProgress did a piece on that after the Charlie Hebdo stuff: http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/08/3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/

Stats only cover up to 2013, but there's not that much changed in the past two years in terms of it from what I can find.

This is a good statistic, but it doesn't disprove what I said about others saying "terrorists have no religion". Clearly, some do and some carry out these types of attacks based on that. This doesn't just apply to Islam, by the way, just in this instance.

A music journalist I follow on Twitter - Jeremy Allen - just so happened to be at the Stade de France on Friday night and has written a pretty powerful piece about that evening; it's well worth a read:

http://thequietus.com/articles/19226-paris-terror-attack-friday-13

• Paid Members

Fucking hell. Shit like this is going to go on for a while at major games I fear. I'm going to the Amsterdam Arena on Saturday, I'm seriously worried now.

Edit: news going around that there were THREE separate potential incidents stopped by the police in Hanover tonight. The one Rick mentioned above, one at a train station and a music venue.

If all were genuine threats, the Hanover police have saved many, many lives tonight.

• Paid Members

Yeah, definately overblown. No explosives found, no guys arrested. A photo was floating about on Facebook yesterday of an Arabic gentlemen being arrested next to an ambulance. Don't have a clue where that came from now. Probably Britain First.

Archived