Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart stories of shame: share yours

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Hi Guys

I know the 'Anvil' is a guilty pleasure of Ians, so i thought this would make an interesting change to all the Raven, hall, Sandman and Roberts ones.

here one from 2007 from Dan Mirade:

I came across this very interesting column by Dan Mirade, in which, he tells a story about how Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, six years ago, stole from and destroyed the BUSHWHACKER BENEFIT, an event held to benefit Bushwhacker Butch, Neidhart's supposed "best friend" that nearly died from a bad staph infection. Here is the article in its entirety:

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart: A Real Piece Of S**t

Friday, December 28th, 2007

From time to time, I'll take a look at MWF history here on DanMirade.com. It was six years ago tonight that the Millennium Wrestling Federation ran it's second live event in Revere, MA, trying to give back to this great sport. Bushwhacker Butch was near death around that time after developing a staph infection that went untreated. Bushwhacker Luke told me how Butch was close to dying when he burst into his condo after not hearing from his for three days. . .the man couldn't get out of bed. . .

We've all heard the stories of many of the superstars of pro wrestling going broke after their time in the business is done. No income. No health insurance. Decades worth of abuse to their bodies catching up with them. Nobody does anything about. So, I brought the issue up at one of our meetings and said "why not us?" We decided to run our second event as a fundraiser for Bushwhacker Butch. Road Dogg was the feature attraction that night, along with ECW alumni Little Guido, Nova, and Chris Chetti. Chris Nowinski of Tough Enough and WWE fame made a surprise appearance. 

A few weeks before the event, Butch's friend Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart emailed us, wanting to be a part of the event. Jim offered to work the event for free and donate a leather Hart Foundation jacket to the raffle we were holding. All Jim wanted was his transportation to be taken care of. It appeared to be a true act of friendship. . .

After looking into Neidhart's trans, we couldn't find an airplane ticket from Calgary for less than $1,200. As much as we wanted Neidhart to be a part of the event, spending that much on a plane ticket was more than we could spend with this being a fundraiser. After explaining that to Jim, he said he would sell his frequent flyer miles to us for $500. At that point, it was a done deal. We sent the $500 to Neidhart. . .

The day of the event, myself and Commissioner Von Johnson had to drive to WWE headquarters in Stamford, CT to pick up items they found to donate to the raffle. We had an interesting conversation about Neidhart once we got there. After not hearing from him all week, I was nervous that he wasn't going to appear as advertised. The three hour drive back to Boston was filled with deep thought and concern. . .

In the end, Neidhart missed the event. We later learned that (being a family man and all) that Neidhart only wanted to come to Boston to spend Christmas week with a local ring rat (wrestling groupie). When his female friend decided to spend the holidays with her family down south, Neidhart simply chose to stay home and steal the money. He didn't even have the class to call and let us know he wasn't going to be there. What were we supposed to say to the fans when we honestly didn't know what his status was. Was his flight delayed?? Was he running late or lost?? Was he no-showing?? That night, one of the guys that knew him well enough pulled me aside and explained that Neidhart had a lot of problems from his continued drug abuse. I didn't care. . .there was no reason to piss on the efforts of a promotion that booked him in good will, to piss on a fundraiser for a man that almost died, living in debt, that he claimed was one of his "best friends."

We tried to contact Jim numerous times after the event via telephone and email. No answer. We received some emails from disappointed fans, and we still really didn't have an answer to give them. After a week or so, we gave the fans the choice of confronting Jim themselves, as we posted his home number on the front page of our web-site. It didn't take long for him to reach out to us after that! Some said it was "unprofessional" to do that, but I still believe that if he screwed the fans, the fans were entitled to an explanation. If he was a man of his word, it would have never happened. . .

The angry Anvil (who wasn't taking Advil) claimed he was going to send us the money back, but now was going to keep it because we "upset him." Yeah, sure, Jim. After many strongly worded messages exchanged back and forth, Neidhart said he sent the $500 to Butch. That wasn't what we wanted, as it was money spent out of pocket, but still better than Neidhart stealing it. However, both Luke and Butch confirmed that Neidhart never sent him a thing. . .he just kept the money he stole. They shared stories of Neidhart's substance 

I decided to write a column about this night after seeing him on the Raw 15th anniversary program a few weeks back. Jim looked to be in the worst shape of the original Hart Foundation, and that's really saying something as Bret Hart had a stroke and Jimmy Hart is probably 20 years older than him. I was disappointed in WWE for booking him, as they weren't very happy about the situation back in 2001 after it happened. They may have forgot, but I sure haven't. What would make someone do that?? It's one thing to no-show a booking you agree to. . .someone that does that to an honest promotion, ruining the experience for the fans, is a disgrace as a human being. But who would do that to an event held to help one of their supposed best friends?? Does Jim Neidhart have any morales or ethics??

Out of fairness, I will forward this column to Jim and provide him with the opportunity to respond. I would be interested to see what the thief has to say for himself. . .

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Ha! It's funny because you used the word ace.

Could you just fuck off if you've got nothing of substance to post?

Consider this a formal warning after a number of reports and complaints....

Better sign up for another account again as you may not last too long this time (yes, we know you're a returner, and who you were before).

First time, I have ever seen that story, thank you for posting. I normally give people the benefit of the doubt and realise there is two sides to every story, but he comes across as a right twat.

when I was younger I always liked Jim, I remember when he got "injured" just before Survivor Series 1991 and being rather upset!

I cant corroborate these but i've been told that:

at BCW Wrestlefest featuring the Hart Foundation reunion in 2005, that he literally spent the whole time pissed and  unconscious slumped in a chair (and that's according to a security guy who worked the show).

Anvil when he wrestled in the UK a few years back wouldn't go out and wrestle until they got him a gram of cocaine

this is worse (and i hope is not true):

A mentally handicapped kid that was helping out with the ring etc, well apparently Anvil found great pleasure it bullying the and make fun of the kid all night, one of the other wrestlers finally had enough and choked Anvil out in the toilets in-front of the other wrestlers. - i'm sure this would have been a b'buzz' on the Indie scene so maybe someone in the business can shed light on those rumours? 

Poor Jim I always was a fan of the harts as a kid.

However if that mentally handicapped kid story is true I am quite upset to hear about that someone I once sorta looked upto. However it is the internet and these things can be made up spread around and considered as truth, I'm not saying its untrue but a lot of things internet wise tends to be exagerations.

The younger fan in me wants to believe that it's not true anyway.

• Paid Members

My favourite story of Neidhart is him having a reputation for texting naked pictures of himself to female wrestlers. Its hardly "look at what you're missing?" is it? He's a right state these days. How is that going to get him a shag?

Stampede Wrestling developed some absolutely fucked up people. They all seemed to be carnies or evil cunts.

My favourite story of Neidhart is him having a reputation for texting naked pictures of himself to female wrestlers. Its hardly "look at what you're missing?" is it? He's a right state these days. How is that going to get him a shag?

Stampede Wrestling developed some absolutely fucked up people. They all seemed to be carnies or evil cunts.

This is why I always find it strange when anyone slags Bret off, taking himself too seriously, cheating on his ex wife about a thousand times and getting into petty squabbles with other ex wrestlers is fuck all compared to the rest of the Stampede lot 

In fact, disregarding the Stampede lot, how many Hart brothers weren't/aren't weird knobheads, I've read Ross is supposed to be a decent bloke and no one other than Austin ever had a bad word to say about Owen, Bruce is just the weirdest person of all time and that's not even mentioning the brother in laws

Looking back a household where your Dad tortures you and your pals as little boys in his dirty basement, by "ahem" stretching them  is bound to produce issues isn't it???

maybe its the dodgy world we live in today(making one bitter), however that behaviour would likely land him in the nick or National TV these days! - it really isn't right is it??,

Maybe its speaking ill of the dead but part of me thinks Stu was some horrible old sadist c**t who liked hurting people (including his kids) ?????

anyway back onto the Anvil, i remember being shocked a few years ago to hear he was a junkie c**t, for some reason i just didn't peg him down at the type??

I remember a shoot (think it was Honky Tonk man) where he was saying that he usually goes to Europe 2 or 3 x a year for this Dutch promotion but decided to not (as got a better deal or something) and elected to book Neidhart instead. HTM rolled his eyes and said "i wish them luck with that" - lol. 

The Hart Foundation were big heroes of mine growing up, I take great consideration of re-watching their stuff on the Network. I does make me sad, however, to see Jim in the state that he was in in that video above along with these rumours/stories. Addiction can make people do some terrible things.

He seems to be in a much better place nowadays, with the WWE rehab program and all that jazz. 

Archived