UFC 192: Cormier vs Gustafsson

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They've done it a few times recently.

I haven't seen it before, but this is the first card since Mendes/Mcgregor that I've watched in full. Normally I just watch the last 2/3 fights of the main card as I set my alarm 4am ish in order to watch live and watch the others if I missed something good.  

That said, during the whole main card, he only came up once, and that to me is just random. 

They've done it a few times recently.

I haven't seen it before, but this is the first card since Mendes/Mcgregor that I've watched in full. Normally I just watch the last 2/3 fights of the main card as I set my alarm 4am ish in order to watch live and watch the others if I missed something good.

That said, during the whole main card, he only came up once, and that to me is just random.

I thought it was to get clarity on the rules and he (usally) explains decisions that are made by the referee. He was just terrible this time, it was like he wasn't really paying attention, then they cut over to him and he couldn't explain it properly.

• Paid Members

In Ratner's defence, it was probably difficult trying to explain the ref's actions when even the ref himself didn't seem to know what he was doing.

How's that a defence though supremo? Rogan stated what the ref should be doing straight away. Yet Ratner just mumbled to then be corrected by Rogan.

Ratner should have come out straight away with what the ref should be doing in those circumstances.

• Paid Members

I don't mind the addition of Ratner.

But I would prefer them to bring back Eddie's Bravo's round by round scorecard. It acted as good guide for viewers in close fights.

I like the way Bellator do that. I also like their app that lets fans be the fourth judge. Cool stuff.

In Ratner's defence, it was probably difficult trying to explain the ref's actions when even the ref himself didn't seem to know what he was doing.

How's that a defence though supremo? Rogan stated what the ref should be doing straight away. Yet Ratner just mumbled to then be corrected by Rogan.

Ratner should have come out straight away with what the ref should be doing in those circumstances.

Have you ever seen Ratner at a show? He was in Glasgow, and the guy is all over the place talking to different people and doing various things. I doubt he was sitting cage side absorbed in the fight as much as Rogan was.

It's a nice tough having him comment if he's around, but don't expect pro-level delivery from him.

• Paid Members

im so late to the party now that i won't bother to mention much but 192 was another of those shows that if you skipped the prelims and only watched the main card you got a bit of a bum deal. Prelims were quality all the way through but the main card dropped off majorly until the main event which was outstanding.

Scored it a draw, i had DC winning 1 & 5, Gusty 2 & 4 and i had the 3rd round even. I didn't think the official scoring would see it that way though, it was a tremendous fight.

I had a feeling Bader would beat Evans too. The layoff plus the improvements made by Bader made the difference. Rashad came into it later on but for the first two rounds Bader looked great. Anyone think that if Jones isn't back for a considerable amount of time they do Bader/DC?

Sage Northcutt's debut coulnd't have gone any better. I echo wand's comments about him looking like a young Vitor Belfort. It looked like the flurry he hit Scott Ferrozo with back in the day. I even tweeted that just after it happened. Exciting prospect.

Special mentions to the Adriano Martins and Albert Tumenov finishes too, holy fucking shite. Tumenov especially is a monster.

• Paid Members

Have you ever seen Ratner at a show? He was in Glasgow, and the guy is all over the place talking to different people and doing various things. I doubt he was sitting cage side absorbed in the fight as much as Rogan was.

It's a nice tough having him comment if he's around, but don't expect pro-level delivery from him.

If he can't provide anything professional I'd rather he provided nothing at all.

If he can't provide anything professional I'd rather he provided nothing at all.

He's not a commentator or play by play guy, he's a commissioner is his 60's. He's decent for clarifying a strange or confusing decision now & then, but that's about it.

• Paid Members

I like Ratner. He seems like one of the only guys who was involved with the commissions who didn't seem shady as fuck to me. Plus me and my brother bumped into him at one of the UK UFC's and he was really sound.

He has popped up during fights a couple of times on recent shows, to clarify issues on the rules or a foul or whatever. I like the addition. He was off on this occasion though and Rogan rightly corrected him. It was a one-off though, he's usually pretty spot-on with that stuff.

Archived