Biggest pop ever?

The Austin during Mankind/Rock one. That's the biggest pop ever, hands down.

Goldberg winning the belt against Hogan was excellent as well. That crowd went nuts.

CENA returns at rumble was wicked as well.

What about an anti-pop? Streak ending right?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Most Stone Cold entrances gets a huge pop. Wrestlemania 19 springs to mind as quite a huge one. I'd also say that after Jeff Hardy lost his match with Punk where he was fired, when his music hit the next week, there was a massive pop that turned in to massive boos when the fans eventually realised it was CM Punk dressed as Jeff Hardy. Hardy winning the WWE title at Armageddon 08 got a great pop

• Paid Members

For WCW one of the biggest if not the biggest and my favourite pops was on the September 14 1998 Nitro and the Horseman reunion/Ric Flair return.

The whole segment is brilliant and Arn's promo is one of his best ever, which is saying something.

And as Anderson put it "when 15,000 people blow the roof off a place, that is what a pop smells like"

• Paid Members

When Triple H walked out at MSG after 9 months out. He was the biggest heel in the business when he got his injury and it showed just how much fans missed him.

Yeah, that was the first one that came to mind!

• Paid Members

Undertaker kicking out the tombstone vs HHH @ Wrestlemania is the biggest in-match pop I've heard. That gave me goosebumps.

CM Punk beating Cena in Chicago. It was a riot before but when he walked through the curtain it was deafening.

• Paid Members

One that always sticks in my mind is when Undertakers stalker is revealed to be DDP, still one of my fav wrestling moments but less said about what followed the better.

That was one of my first thoughts, but I'd also suggest WCW when Ciclope unmasks to face Jericho.

Archived