Biggest pop ever?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hogan's pop, the night after Mania 18 was ridiculous. Think it's what convinced Vince that there was money to be made in a Hogan nostalgia title run. Triple H must have been well pissed off having to lose clean a few weeks after Mania.

One of my favourites which often gets overlooked but still gives me goosebumps was The Undertaker's unexpected return at Judgment Day 2000.

'He's here!'

https://youtu.be/OzCSQR4C-qc

Was this Taker's first appearance on a bike?

Yup. He had last been seen as 'Gothic-cult-leader Undertaker' and had been 'buried alive' by Steve Austin.

• Paid Members

Hunter at MSG is the one that always stands out in my mind. There are some amazing surprise pops over the years, but the Garden crowd knew Trips was coming out, but lost their minds anyway. I was stunned at the reaction. Anyone that doesn't think Trips has ever been a player can suck my plums, because he was the biggest fucking deal on the roster, including Rocky or Steve Austin, on that ONE night. Whatever else happened, ever, between matches, buyrates or anything else, for at least one night, the whole industry looked up at Triple H. Because he commanded THAT noise in the epicenter of pro wrestling.

Speaking of "surprise" pops..... dont sleep on Cena at the Rumble 2008. In the same building.

• Paid Members

One of my favourites which often gets overlooked but still gives me goosebumps was The Undertaker's unexpected return at Judgment Day 2000.

'He's here!'

https://youtu.be/OzCSQR4C-qc

Was this Taker's first appearance on a bike?

Yup. He had last been seen as 'Gothic-cult-leader Undertaker' and had been 'buried alive' by Steve Austin.

Nope. Undertaker's last appearance before turning up as the biker was in October 1999. The buried alive match with Austin was December 1998. Undertaker chokeslammed Vince McMahon because of some issue he was having with the Unforgiven main event, walked out and was suspended. By that point he seemed to be slowly getting away from the cult leader stuff and acting more like the biker character he would turn up as the following year. If he wasn't injured I'm certain we would have seen him transition into the biker character by the end of that year.

• Paid Members

One that always sticks in my mind is when Undertakers stalker is revealed to be DDP, still one of my fav wrestling moments but less said about what followed the better.

That was one of my first thoughts, but I'd also suggest WCW when Ciclope unmasks to face Jericho.

Was just coming in to mention this. Dean Malenko unmasks as Ciclope at Slamboree 98 after winning a battle royal, it's amazing.

DDP unmasking after beating Savage on Nitro dressed as LA Parka sticks out too. They went mental!

• Paid Members

He was turning up to Raw in jeans on a bike and fucking up the Los Boricuas or DOA on his way into the building in 98 and then mincing about as an average Joe before doing all the occult magic lightning and fire act in the show close.

Archived