Biggest pop ever?

What are the pops that sound like Galatasaray just scored a 94th minute home winner? Can be for any reason, whether it's a big title win or just one time Stone Cold turned up.

Saw the first Elimination Chamber the other day with Michaels winning and that pop, both for the decisive Chin Music and the pin struck me as one of the loudest pops I've heard for anything, I can only think of hometown shenanigans that come close

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Backlash 2000 always springs to mind with these sort of things.

The initial pop for Austin returning and destroying the McMahon Helmsley Faction and then an even bigger pop when Rock got the 1-2-3 on HHH to win the title.

The whole atmosphere from the moment Steve Austin comes out to Rock winning the title is amazing, if ever 1 match summed up the attitude era and the connection made with the crowd it was that, one of my favourite ever events/matches that one. Should definitely have gone with this match and scenario for WrestleMania instead!

• Paid Members

Austin's music hitting at pretty much any point in the Attitude Era but specifically during Mankind/The Rock when Mankind wins the belt. Watch and listen. Phenomenal.

CM Punk in Chicago when he won the belt off of Cena.

Wrestlemania 30 - Rock/Austin intros, Daniel Bryan beating HHH and winning the belt.

Goldberg beats Hollywood Hogan.

I second Mania 21 Hogan saving Eugene, The Rock in 2011 and Lesnar in 2012.

Also the whole of Hogan/Rock at Mania 18. The guiltiest of all guilty pleasures!

The Austin run-in during Rock/Foley was the one that immediately sprung to mind for me too.  The reaction is insane, and the visual of the entire audience losing their shit in unison is incredible.  It's probably one of the best feel-good moments of all time.  People are literally jumping up and down when Foley gets the 3 count.

The pop for Jericho's debut was one I watched back load of times too.

Scott Steiner's debut at Survivor Series 2002 was a bigger pop than Michaels winning the belt, at least according to people who were there. I'm not convinced it translates to TV, but it's hard to argue with those who witnessed it live. It was still huge regardless.

The biggest pop/pops has to be the double whammy of Austin and Mankind on the Jan 4, 1999 Raw.

• Paid Members

When Triple H walked out at MSG after 9 months out. He was the biggest heel in the business when he got his injury and it showed just how much fans missed him.

Yeah, that's the one I was going to say. Never heard anything like it in the grappling game.

Scott Steiner's debut at Survivor Series 2002 was a bigger pop than Michaels winning the belt, at least according to people who were there. I'm not convinced it translates to TV, but it's hard to argue with those who witnessed it live. It was still huge regardless.

That was an awesome moment, but yeah watching the whole show the main event seemed an even louder pop, though it could be Steiner's music hindering my judgement.

The fake Bret Hart one is a very good shout. Weird that it far overshadows his actual return in that regard

Archived