Biggest pop ever?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of my favourites that haven't really been mentioned yet.

Kane's return at MSG in 2002, when he attacks the UnAmericans and then does the Kane-a-Roonie, place went mental for that.

Guerrero pinning Lesnar at No Way Out

When the lights went out at WM XX and all you heard was "ooooooohhhh yeeeeesssssss"

But my favourite is still the Bret Hart tease in Montreal in '05 that is just a fantastic segment

Just remembered Paul Heyman coming out to Cult Of Personality to brilliantly troll the Chicago crowd who'd plotted that #HijackRAW movement back when everyone was mega pissed off after Batista winning the Rumble which a certain popular optimist was not a part of and a certain teetotal Chicago Native who's status was at that time, unclear. Who's theme song that happened to be. That pop turned to boos had me in stitches. Whoever came up with that is an evil twisted genius! That shut them up all night.

• Paid Members

Off topic a bit but Kane's a good hand, I still think he is a good hand to have about, but he had some stinkers in 2000. Watching the PPV's back, for saying what a great run they had and all the talent they had which you would think would elevate his game, Kane seemed to regress. One show he just plodded around in some 4 way, punching and kicking and not giving a fuck.

I'm sure he stopped some one breaking up the pin too, in a booking move or on the fly call which made no sense at all.

• Paid Members

Was WrestleMania III the hottest crowd they ever had? Hillbilly Jim got a fucking Road Warrior pop when he came into the ring that night. They were shit hot for every single wrestler on the card.

300,000 people are all going to sound incredible — just listen when Andre throws himself onto the mat, they go nuts.

• Paid Members

WWE Top 10 (20) has top Summerslam moments. Whilst it's clearly the 'No Hogan's' club and some great moments are missed off (Liz's exposé, HBK vs Hogan, dropping Zeus, disposing of the Unholy Trinity) it did remind me of a pop I couldn't see mentioned his far (apologies if it was) when War Ear beat Honky Tonk Man for the IC belt. Explosive.

• 2 weeks later...

I also see my previous stake of War Ear and raise it with two words from Takeover...

Blue Pants

incredible moment.

I'd say Bayley's Bayley to Belly and the three count is up there too. Certainly top women's pop

Archived