Adrian Neville turns up on an American talk show

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Check this out. The long and short of it is, some arsehole broke into a single mothers house and they chased him out. Nice story and all that. But the kids favourite wrestler happens to be ... Adrian Neville of all people! The kid almost shits himself with delight when he spots him. He may have, because he looked like he liked his dinners. Madness. The power of WWE's TV is mental, really. It should be far easier for them to make stars.

http://meredithvieirashow.com/videos/lunch-box-hero-a-wwe-surprise/

• Awards Moderator

That's brilliant! Great publicity. They really seem to be getting behind Neville, and he's getting great reactions in the arenas too from what I've seen, especially for the Red Arrow. I was watching King of the Ring the other night and when he hit it on Sheamus and the announcers were all "how does he do that?!" I remembered watching him against Spud at the Tyne Theatre about nine years ago... And I still can't get my head round that move! It's fantastic to see how far he's come.

Anyway, appearances like that can only be a good thing for Neville and for WWE generally. It's the sort of thing a babyface needs to be great at.

Neville acts like a pro here. He's prepared and knows his place in the show and that's to play second fiddle to the kid if you will. Plus the kid refers to him as 'Adrian' Neville so he gets extra points! 

• Paid Members

Pretty cool. You can see Neville being a popular figure for kids, due to all his unique/cool moves and the fact he looks like a something from Labyrinth.

I miss the days of wrestlers turning up on telly wearing their gimmicks.

I know he's never done it on TV in NXT or WWE, but was he still doing the 630 Splash up until signing with them?

He and Jack Evans are the only people I have ever seen do it, and I'd love to think he could bust it out on special occasions in the future.

But I didn't see much of his stuff between 2008 & 2012, so I don't know if he was still doing it over those years.

I know he's never done it on TV in NXT or WWE, but was he still doing the 630 Splash up until signing with them?

He and Jack Evans are the only people I have ever seen do it, and I'd love to think he could bust it out on special occasions in the future like Rollins has done with the Phoenix Splash.

But I didn't see much of his stuff between 2008 & 2012, so I don't know if he was still doing it over those years.

• Paid Members

Indeed, in fact he was called 'Mr 630'. Must've been a compelling wrestler if that was all everyone knew about him.

Anyway onto Neville, his Red Arrow finisher looks much nicer than a 630.

• Paid Members

Has he done the inwards-facing 450 on WWE or NXT yet?

Didn't he do it to pin Bo Dallas in the rematch from the Arrival Ladder match?

• Paid Members

He and Jack Evans are the only people I have ever seen do it, and I'd love to think he could bust it out on special occasions in the future.

He and Jack Evans are the only people I have ever seen do it, and I'd love to think he could bust it out on special occasions in the future like Rollins has done with the Phoenix Splash.

Will Ospreay is capable of doing it over here now, but after he hurt himself doing it, PROGRESS have built his attempts to dethrone Jimmy Havoc for the title around his fear of doing the move being the difference between Havoc retaining or losing.

Fucking hell Neville looks appalling on that show. Those baseball commentators who ripped the dick out of CM Punk must have been pissing themselves watching this.

To be fair to Neville, at least he's well built for his height and looks a bit handy, he's far above The Miz/Sami Zayn in terms of looking like he could twat someone

As Ian said in the OP, it should be miles easier for them to make stars, especially using scenarios like this, unfortunately they don't seem fussed about that anymore, which will probably fuck them when Cena's body finally packs up

Archived