King of the Ring 2015 *spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King Rusev sounds glorious now.

But personally, I want to see Roman Reigns win it.  He can win the Rumble, Main Event Mania, win the King of the Ring and win the World Title later on, all in the same year.

• Paid Members

But personally, I want to see Roman Reigns win it. He can win the Rumble, Main Event Mania, win the King of the Ring and win the World Title later on, all in the same year.

Brock already did that ;)

• Paid Members

Would it be too odd to suggest Bray Wyatt? The role of "King" (rather than champion) seems like it would lend itself to his mystic promos - "King of the Shadows", "King of People's Minds", etc.

But personally, I want to see Roman Reigns win it. He can win the Rumble, Main Event Mania, win the King of the Ring and win the World Title later on, all in the same year.

Brock already did that ;)

not a calendar year

• Paid Members

I say give it to Ambrose. Realise what you've got wth him, heat him back up, and have him feud with Rollins over the belt for a couple of months.

But yeah, worst thing they can do is create a King character out of it. It damaged Sheamus shit loads when they did that with him.

• Paid Members
More pertinently, why would you do it during the free month?

Better still. It's remarkable how schizophrenic the company can be in regards to whether or not it can remember how to build/sell something. Sometimes things get patience and attention, whereas this is just being thrown out and literally given away. I don't get it. I know they figured out years ago that they couldn't sell a PPV off a King of the Ring tournament, but at least build it up so there is more anticipation for people actually wanting to see it.

• Paid Members

Oh joy, the prospect of seeing midcarders wrestle up to three times in the space of a day! Unless this leads to the Royal-Truth, I don't care.

KOTR's been shit since at least 2001, and that was only good because it set up Edge's "I promise not to Billy Gunn this title" promo.

King of the Ring could still be a PPV if they built it right and gave the winner a Summerslam title match, it's not like Mania where the title (almost) always changes hands, give some babyface i.e. Ambrose a couple of big wins and get cheated or just lose by a millimetre and it makes Summerslam a bigger deal if nothing else

Archived