Who was World Champ when you were born?

NorthSeaTiger

As the title says, we've already had who the Champ was when we popped our cherry, so now to make us feel old! Who was the Heavyweight Champion when you were born. Could be any of the major companies...WWF, NWA, AWA etc.

For me, September '79 was nearing the end of a reign for Bob Backlund. Over in the NWA, it was the future King, Harley Race.

Who was reigning when you popped out?!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Like so many of the lads born within a fair few years of each other, when I was born, the REAL Worlds Champion was Ric fuckin' Flair! WHOOOO!!

For me, September '79 was nearing the end of a reign for Bob Backlund.

The day I was born, Bob was beating Randy Orton's dad. Twice in one day, in fact. Just down the road from Cena's neck of the woods, too.

21 Feb 86 so it was Hogan in WWF and Flair in JCP/NWA and just looking at historyofwwe.com, WWF ran 3 shows that day and JCP had one card but it was definitely the best show that day with the following 4 matches closing the show 

NWA US Champion Magnum TA defeated NWA TV Champion Arn Anderson
NWA Tag Team Champions Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey defeated Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson in a Best 2 out of 3 falls match
The Road Warriors fought Ivan & Nikita Koloff to a no contest
NWA World Champion Ric Flair defeated NWA National Heavyweight Champion Dusty Rhodes via disqualification

Born June 21, 1990.

The WWF Champion was Ultimate Warrior.

I'm surprised to learn there was no such thing as WCW or the WCW Championship when I was born. So, we go to the NWA, where Ric Flair was the man.

Also, I was born three months premature. If I had bided my time and been born in September, no change on the WWF side, but Sting had taken out Flair at the 1990 Bash by that time.

• Paid Members

April 19th 1985 was when I was born, the Hulkster was champion and it was 20 days after the first Wrestlemania

The REAL Worlds Champion at the time was Ric fucking Flair. WHOOOO!!!

Summer of '87, so it'll have been the Hulkster.

Randy Savage was half way through his first rein on the day I was born.

This thread is not being fair to Flair.

Archived