Who's the toughest bloke in WWE today?

LaGoosh

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The initial reports were that Booker kicked Batista's arse but since then it sounds like it was a lot more even than people think.

Luke Harper's probably quite tasty too. I remember watching a shoot interview he did when he was on the indies and when after a show in the bar a booker underpaid him he threatened to destroy the whole bar and kick everyone in it's ass.

Bray Wyatt, The Usos and Roman Reigns all played college football so can probably handle themselves. If sure Daniel Bryan is great at grappling but in a rough bar fight I couldn't see him last long.

Good call on Swagger though, I forgot about him. It's easy to forget how fucking massive and strong he is plus with that wrestling background.

• Paid Members

Swaggers at Hamleys in London tomorrow, can you tell from a mans handshake?

You can tell when someone's trying to seem hard by handshake...

Equally hate it when you go in for a handshake and they offer you 4 limp fingers, can tell a lot from someone's handshake.

On topic, didn't Booker do time in prison for beating the shit out of someone?

• Paid Members

I didn't know if I'd imagined this or what but apparently Dolph Ziggler has an amateur wrestling background and was actually a teammate of the UFC's once top lightweight contender Gray Maynard. Whether that means he's a hardcase or not I don't know, but he's got the background.

Ziggler, who was an amateur wrestling teammate with UFC star Gray Maynard, was asked whether UFC was ever a career option. "When I was in high school, I was interested in that stuff — UFC 1, 2, 3 and 4 — before it got as mainstream as it is now,” Ziggler said.

"I was really into [amateur] wrestling and boxing because I wanted to be the best athlete that I could. I never really had an interest in it, except in high school. Since I was 5-years-old, I wanted to be a WWE superstar,” he said, “and luckily, so far, I get to keep doing what I love." To read the full interview, visit MiamiHerald.com.

What happened to the blokes who were just granite though? I don't think guys like Rick Rude or Paul Orndorff had big backgrounds in amateur wrestling or anything, did they? Yet you hear all sorts of stories about their general solidness and they just give off that vibe of 'don't fuck with me'.

There's got to be some wrestlers on the current roster who are pretty handy but you don't hear about it because I guess the wrestling business is a lot different now than it was in the 70s, 80s and even 90s when all the stories about Harley Race, Rude, Orndorff, Haku, , LOD, Scott Steiner etc come from. Now the wrestlers probably spend more time in the hotel, the gym, on the XBox/mobile/twitter or whatever. The old school would've had to make their own entertainment at the bars and strip clubs and cramming as much alcohol, coke and god knows what else into their system. Which is much more likely to lead to violence, I suppose. Unless today's lot are really competitive on Call of Duty.

• Paid Members

Don't count Joey Styles out too, he knocked JBL out. I guess Layfield wasn't as tough as he thought he was back then.

I heard that was a sucker punch.

Wouldn't Taker be considered amongst the hardnuts as well? I know he's held together by tape these days, but I'd imagine a bloke that big can still do serious damage if he starts throwing his fists about. I remember all those stories about him being the locker-room enforcer too.

Archived