Who's the toughest bloke in WWE today?

LaGoosh

Arn Anderson can't be 56 now. He was gone 60 when he was doing the stuff with Undertaker and Ric Flair in 2002. 

Which wrestlers from the 80s didn't age prematurely? Piper lasted well for ages, actually, he looked brilliant in his late 30s early 40s. Course, he wasn't on the schedule the others were.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm always amazed that so many people buy the bare-knuckle fighting backstory for real, even though it's always told totally in character.

Is there any truth to it?

None.

And it's hilarious that a bunch of people on a 'smart' wrestling forum are calling him a legit tough guy, because of a worked backstory.

He was a recruitment consultant who trained in Dropkixx under Jon Ritchie at the weekends. 

• Paid Members

I love it when pro wrestling is still able to blur the lines :)

It's amazing isn't it? Some people think Barrett was a legit bare knuckle boxer, but Montreal was a work. 

In fairness, Barrett looks and comes across like someone who could handle himself. That mugshot of him from a few years back looks like one of the lads you'd see out tarmacking driveways or selling laptop bags full of bottled water.

• Paid Members

Some people think John Cena and Brock Lesnar have the same finisher.

Some people don't watch wrestling anymore and only vaguely recall both finishers starting with a firemans carry and then a slam. Which is correct.

51078.jpg633694347385951813.jpg

Wow - look at those pictures - so different!

Congrats on the award this year, BTW. Some stiff competition, but I knew you could win at being the shittest.

So what's with all the pathetic little digs at me the last few weeks? They don't seem to be any good or even have a point. Weak-ass digs with no follow-up. Getting an early start on next years awards?

• Paid Members

What about RVD? I remember reading that story of how he slapped Taz about for insulting him.

Yeah he offered taz out and slapped him, taz didnt do shit.

Hardman? maybe a bit but he wasnt about to take shit from taz who by all accounts brought into his gimmick 

• Paid Members

Some people don't watch wrestling anymore and only vaguely recall both finishers starting with a firemans carry and then a slam. Which is correct.

51078.jpg633694347385951813.jpg

Wow - look at those pictures - so different!

Congrats on the award this year, BTW. Some stiff competition, but I knew you could win at being the shittest.

So what's with all the pathetic little digs at me the last few weeks? They don't seem to be any good or even have a point. Weak-ass digs with no follow-up. Getting an early start on next years awards?

Don't even bother starting a vicious circle of endless arguing. Don't.

but Montreal was a work. 

The reason why many thought Montreal was a work was because of Bret's Wrestling With Shadows documentary.  Some also still believe that the bad blood between Bret and Vince at the time was because of Owen's death, not Montreal.

• Paid Members

but Montreal was a work. 

The reason why many thought Montreal was a work was because of Bret's Wrestling With Shadows documentary.  Some also still believe that the bad blood between Bret and Vince at the time was because of Owen's death, not Montreal.

Yeah, but it wasn't. Wrestlers are afraid of being worked, so cry 'work' at everything just in case.

Some people don't watch wrestling anymore 

In which case, they have to be an utter idiot to make stupid sweeping statements about it often. And they have to be a very special kind of idiot to then criticise other people for not knowing Wade Barrett's real life backstory and wrestling school.

People in glass special schools shouldn't throw stones, is the point.

Archived