WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They were a bit meh at first, but they've really come into their own over the past two years. They're exactly what you want from a babyface tag team- exciting, very good crowd work, incredibly likeable and they work very well as a team. Probably my favorite tag team since...bloody hell one of the TLC lot I reckon. I'd say they're over with every portion of the fans, too. It's criminal that they've never had a Mania match yet when you look at who has in recent years. Swagger had a world title match for crying out loud!

Don't get me wrong, and like I said earlier, they've become a very solid act but for a long time they were very forgettable.

Had my iPod on shuffle yesterday and Fear Factory - The Industrialist came on. For some reason I can just picture Roman Reigns using it as an entrance them and even though I know it won't happen, I really wish it would. It has an intro of about a minute which would work well if it was just used once at Wrestlemania like when Miz had that DMX track at WM27.

Stick him in his WM29 knockoff Bullet Club mask and he would be a hell of a lot more interesting than just having the old Shield theme

It's criminal that they've never had a Mania match yet when you look at who has in recent years. Swagger had a world title match for crying out loud!

Swagger had a new gimmick at the time, and Del Rio was recently turned babyface so it was a new match. The Usos have been the same for ages and have wrestled everyone a million times. The same way that Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper has been seen too many times on Raw and Smackdown to be a valid WrestleMania match, the Usos in a multi-team tag doesn't warrant a spot on the big event. Three hour Raw has benefitted the Usos greatly in terms of giving them time to become a prominent act, but it's also killed the chances of any of their matches being special enough for Mania. The only way they'd have had a hope is if the tag titles got the big ladder match instead of the Intercontinental.

• Paid Members

The biggest chance they had was when the New Age Outlaws were brought back specifically to cheat their way to the belts and give the Usos a "beat a legendary team to take the belts" rub - if they'd have had the patience to build that for Mania, it could have been perceived as worthy of Mania. But they pissed it away on Raw instead.

I really wish it would. It has an intro of about a minute which would work well if it was just used once at Wrestlemania like when Miz had that DMX track at WM27.

Not to be too much of a bellend, but it was a Nas track for a Miz hype video before the match.

• Paid Members

It should be easier to get a match on Mania this year than any, because surely the Undertaker match isn't going 25 minutes. And Sting and HHH should only be going 12-15 minutes. For years, adding in the entrances and the big fart on post match, Taker was out there for a good 45 minutes. His time must be cut down this year. I can see that being routine as fuck. Undertaker is coming back to give him the willy and then leave. There's no real feud between them. Undertaker is just going "I know your Dad, Bray!" like an old man shouting at mouthy teenagers. Its not like Bray has set him on fire or murdered Paul Bearer. As far as Undertaker feuds go, this is like Jericho spilling coffee on Kane's new black and mesh tank top in 2000.

I really wish it would. It has an intro of about a minute which would work well if it was just used once at Wrestlemania like when Miz had that DMX track at WM27.

Not to be too much of a bellend, but it was a Nas track for a Miz hype video before the match.
Not being at all pal, I took a shot in the dark with DMX as it was. I'm not a hip-hop fan in the slightest

You have to feel for Primo i.e Diego of Los Matadores. This is his sixth Mania match on the Pre-Show.

He's spent his entire WWE career near enough at the arse-end of the roster but has never been released. He's probably glad of any mania appearance!

• Paid Members

It should be easier to get a match on Mania this year than any, because surely the Undertaker match isn't going 25 minutes. And Sting and HHH should only be going 12-15 minutes. For years, adding in the entrances and the big fart on post match, Taker was out there for a good 45 minutes. His time must be cut down this year. I can see that being routine as fuck. Undertaker is coming back to give him the willy and then leave. There's no real feud between them. Undertaker is just going "I know your Dad, Bray!" like an old man shouting at mouthy teenagers. Its not like Bray has set him on fire or murdered Paul Bearer. As far as Undertaker feuds go, this is like Jericho spilling coffee on Kane's new black and mesh tank top in 2000.

I am dreading Sting and Triple H because it absolutely should only be 12-15 minutes, but I just imagine Triple H is going to want it to be this epic encounter, so they will try to go over 20 minutes, to the detriment of the match. Bray and Taker should be the shortest WrestleMania Undertaker match since Mark Henry. I reckon the ladder match will be taking any minutes going spare, while Cena and Rusev will get a full 45 minutes including the entrances and aftermath.

I feel like Lesnar vs. Reigns should be kept fairly short as well. Lesnar's style right now seems conducive to shorter matches, at least relative to WWE main event length. Lesnar vs. Cena was 16 minutes at Summerslam, Lesnar vs. Cena vs. Rollins was 22 minutes- actually thought it was shorter, the triple threat design with so many elements allowed it to go longer while still feeling frenetic. Lesnar's explosive style suits sub-20 minute matches, and Reigns needs a shorter match too, due to inexperience and being limited, due to crowd reaction. Most of all, Reigns looks best when he gets to show power/athleticism in big spots, not in slowed down 30 minute marathon where he spends 90% of the time selling.

Archived