WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Meltzer said a few months ago that WWE were shocked by how popular WCW content was. They seem to have always underrated their WCW library, for some reason. It was only a few years ago they started doing WCW-specific DVDs etc, which have sold well. You would have thought that after the Rise and Fall of ECW did so well they would have been all over the WCW equivalent, but it came out years after.

That's somewhat understandable though. It seems like it's only relatively recently that people have missed WCW instead of thinking of it as a joke, whereas there were always ECW chants. WCW never seemed to have the cult appeal that lived on after the company died in the same way.

Fair points, but WCW was a pretty big deal. It's not like nobody was watching - even during the end they had a good size audience watching every week.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seemed to me after Raw that the IC title would be defended in a 4 way match at Mania

Barrett Vs Ambrose Vs Ziggler Vs R-Truth

I would make it a Ladder Match or something to play on the fact the Champ dosn't have the belt etc, and those 4 could pull off a decent ladder match whether they would have the time available to do it tho, It woud be better served doing the Ladder match at Extreme Rules the month after I suppose.

• Paid Members
Barrett Vs Ambrose Vs Ziggler Vs R-Truth

Fuck me ragged, is one of these things NOT like the others. When was the last time Truth wrestled on PPV??

It'd be a shame if Ambrose doesn't get on the card in a singles match seeing as both Reigns and Rollins will be. I think Barrett deserves a singles match too having had a good year.

He's been injured for most of it

Still had a better year than most of the mid card.

• Paid Members
They're gonna need at least 1 black man on the Wrestlemania card.

Can't we have a Gimmick Battle Royal again then and throw Michael Hayes out there? I'd rather see "PS" than R-T any day of the week, especially Sunday.

If Lita was going to return and tag with someone, I'd prefer it to be AJ, given the real life story with those two.

What would they be called? "Punks Pussys", "The Slag and Teenage Girl Lookalike Connection" or just "Cum Buckets".

Wow... not the real life story I meant, I was talking about how AJ was a huge Lita fan, and WWE actually have footage of a teen AJ (although it could just as easily be current) meeting Lita and bursting into tears.

Archived