Post of the Year 2015

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Butch IS the Franchise (whatever that means) in 'Worst Title Reigns':

Shane Douglas' 42 year long reign from 1997 to 1999 (with 3 title defenses) is the worst thing in the world ever. He was starting his journey into facially resembling Norman Pace (which has now ended with him making appearances as a celeb lookalikey at nightclubs in a double act with Jeff "Deal or House Party" Jarrett), he had a gammy arm which people blame for his lackluster performances, although he was boring as fuck at all points after 1995. His much vaunted "promo" work was going on about "Dick" Flair which was an act more tired than the octogenarian flasher was by this point. Railing against someone who ruined your pop at the big leagues in 1992 doesn't hold much water when you fucked up your own pop at the bigger leagues in a better spot 3 years later, and he's not on TV at the moment anyway as WCW's suing him and as much as the ECW mutants would normally join the pillorying of Flair, they had a love for the oldschool at heart hence popping wild that same year for Buchwhacker Dudleys and JYD. They probably felt sorry for Ric. Oh, and the matches. Well, the few matches he did have, as his arm was HIV positive, but when he did put on the yellow and tassles he more than made up for time lost with Chris Robshaw-esque incompetence. Shane Douglas vs Al Snow at Wrestlepalooza. If you have to make it clear to the crowd somethings an epic, then it's not a fucking epic. Epics are organic. Not lying around doing fuck all for 20 minutes then having everyone carry you about on their shoulders at the end like you just at the age of 28 finally lost your virginity to the woman who looks like Robbie Coltrane who works the fag counter in Londis. Nothing happens. At all. Douglas is shite, Al Snow is shite,the "THIS IS A CLASSIC!" booking is shite, and the aftermath is the shiteest of all. It's one of my least favourite matches ever, and I've seen pretty much everything. It's even worse than when Shawn Michaels tries to do his "acting" (I'm sorry, I love you) and it's more cringeworthy than the scene in Corrie when Bill Roache tried to show emotion as Mike Baldwin died in his arms. He also during this time started the legendary "Not Lazy" patented Shane Douglas promo technique of:

A - CUT THE FUCKING MUSIC

B - Go "HAHAHAHAHA!" a lot like a sex offender

C - SHIT

D - "HAHAHAHHA!"

E - Something about shagging Francine despite looking like her dad taking her to work at his nightshift to stop her sucking cock for white lightning on the park

F - HAHAHAHAHA!

G - DICK FLAIR/SHAWN MICHAELS IS GAY/SCOTT HALL

H - HAHAHAHAHA!

I - FUCK

J -HAHAHAHAA!

K - YOUR ASS WILL BE FRANCHISED (given the vote?)

L - FINAL LINGERING HAHAHAHA INTO CAMERA FADING OUT IN VOLUME DESPITE MIC NOT BEING TURNED DOWN

So yeah, fuck Shane Douglas. The only good thing he ever did was the sketch where him and Hale put a cat in a microwave.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while we're on the Butch love, I'd like to nominate this short and simple thread killer in the LPW Pies and Peas thread.  

For anyone not following the thread, and to summarise, the promoter is a bit of a shitarse and keeps threatening people with stupid rude and abusive PMs including one with 

AND I AM HAPPY TO SAY IT TO ANY OF U BULLYING FACES AS WELL

Butch had just posted a 'stop being a dick' post shortly before this (which is brilliant in itself) but this response to the above just made me spit my coffee on my desk....

Faces aren't bullies. Heels are bullies.

Short, sweet, and pretty much perfect in the context of the thread (clueless promoter, ect)....

• Paid Members

Baz has come out with a cracker in the Dynamite Kid thread.

I hope his ward has Sky TV.

One of the nurses should wake him up in the morning, pointing a shotgun in his face, and say "Only Joking! .... Here's your pills. One a day mind":.

Also came to nominate Butch's Shane Douglas title reign post. Surely that is exactly what a forum populated almost exclusively by 18-35 year old British men discussing a niche, essentially American, hobby is for. Hardly any of the jokes would work anywhere else on the internet, but here they're all bullseyes. Had me laughing out loud on the train into North Sheen this morning.

Well done that man.

If he puts in a heelish performance on par with Lamb's Enders departure episode, then you can have my ticket money now.

Actually, if you cut that head in half, he'd be the love child of Gregg Wallace and Gino D'Acampo.

batista_zpsxieashab.jpg

Buzzed me tits off at this from Matrix.

Archived