#JeSuisCharlie

SpursRiot2012

To make it a bit more on-topic, is that something that has only happened in English? Based on nothing but my own arrogance, the reason that's happened with literally is that idiots have had more platforms to communicate. Texting and especially social media have created generations where even the lowest level of working class people keep writing after they leave school. I'm pretty sure that in the two decades or so between leaving school and the day he got a Facebook account, my brother-in-law had only ever written anything on a Nokia. If he was thirty years younger, even if he still didn't bother doing his exams, he'd be Tweeting and have ongoing interaction with the written word. There must be far less total illiteracy now than ever, but there's also a greater amount of idiots reading and writing than ever, and thus more people who won't object to misused words.

Presumably, the French word for literally could also have been bastardised for similar reasons (which might well have been covered by Charlie Hebdo). Or lots of words in any language, to the point where someone taught a language using books from the nineties could end up lost.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

French is a weird language since there's official french as well as a ton of slang. Most of the slang words have crept into the language due to immigrants from all of their colonies. They are also having to add words from new technologies all the time and deciding whether they are male or female. So what you learn in your GCSE French is archaic to what the average Gauloise smoking Parisian speaks.

Has anyone checked out Bill Maher on Kimmel? It's about the shootings. He is such an interesting talker about Islam and how it shows the hypocrisy of liberals sometimes. I find it fascinating because he is very liberal in all areas except for dealing with terrorists and religious extremists.

I feel like he goes overboard sometimes but I also hate how even the discussion of what he says is shot down for some reason. I remember Ben Affleck comparing it to racism on his show. He is saying how it's not everyone, but it is a larger than normal section of the society. That's what I hate about these discussions, if Bill Maher is called a racist for saying sane things (for the most part), then there's no hope for others.

Anyway, here it is for those who want to watch. It's about 6minutes long before going into Cosby and other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=PioHDGEt6BM

I love his line "there are no great religions, they are all stupid and dangerous".

Just watched that clip from the Kimmel show. I dont get american comedy so can someone clarify if he is joking when he said he would rather be masturbated by Michael Jackson then punched in the face. I want to say he is joking. Also 100s of millions Muslims celebrate terrorist attacks im confused 

• Paid Members

Do you think this could be Al Qaeda showing ISIS who is boss? It's like Hogan Vs The Rock at WrestleMania to see who wins in the murdering cunt status.

Boko Haram kinda made them both look like jabronis this week.

I first had to Google what "Jabroni" was. Then I had to Google Boko Haram, thirdly I now have a Whiter shade of Pale stuck in my head.

I just hope that the actions of these cunts in France doesn't goad right wing cunts to do similar atrocities towards Muslims. Then you just end up with a full scale cunt off, which won't end well.

Archived