The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

Any good links/advice for someone who's coming out of a marriage with kids and has to start everything from scratch? Basically need a house, stuff to put in it and a means to do so as I have no savings and most wages go on food, car, kids and debt. My credit rating stands at "yeah have credit but pay back twice what you borrow yeah?" As well.

Just to clarify, she'll have the kids but i'll be looking to split it as evenly as possible and she's fine with that.

what was the set up with your wife, did you own/rent the property? If it was bought, and you're moving out then she'll need to buy you out (unless she personally owns the house/you're entitled to nothing).

Barring that, do you have parents to move in with? Its a bit demoralizing but its a good start if you have that option. 

• Paid Members

Edit:I just read Dangers post having not read it properly before. Insensitive posting my good news just after that. Sorry.

Hope youre ok and get something sorted soon.

Edited by Duke

• Paid Members

Yup, my bad for making thigs confusing. Sorry.

To clarify, were not engaged yet, but I'm asking soon and am getting nervous!

Edited by Duke

No need to edit on my behalf chap, congrats!

The situation is that we rented from the council but now I'm in my dads but it's not a ptactical solution due to me wanting the kids to have somewhere to stay and the old man being a flunk out from the Don Draper school of parenting so it's awkward.

My earnings are fairly low so I'm thinking I might be entitled to housing benefit to some degree and one of my many sad dad mates will share with me.

Cheers for the support guys. To give any advice I'd say listen, support and be honest. My problem was I was always saying what I thought she wanted to hear to appease her and always harbouring resentment whilst she really just wanted me to listen and respond honestly.