Actor/Musicians (not Musician/Actors)

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

From a conversation about Jared Leto in another thread comes.....

I liked My So Called Life when I was a kid.

Thankfully I have never heard his band. I've been told they are terrible.

Are there any people who became big time movie stars first, and went on to have actually good sustained music careers?

There's the odd song here and there, but I can't think of any examples offhand - I'm just thinking about Keanu and Juliette Lewis.

I think one of the big difficulties they face is having the spotlight on them immediately before they have honed their new craft so it does make it difficult.

• Moderators

Hugh Laurie's a notable one. A Comedian/Actor/Musician.

Someone on here, I think Surf, said Hugh Laurie is rubbish. So I didn't bother listening to him.

Steve Martin, on the other hand, is pretty good at what he does. I think works well as an example for this.. it seems to be mostly you get away with it as an older celeb who is out of the limelight from the examples we've found so far.

Hugh Laurie's a notable one. A Comedian/Actor/Musician.

Someone on here, I think Surf, said Hugh Laurie is rubbish. So I didn't bother listening to him.

Steve Martin, on the other hand, is pretty good at what he does. I think works well as an example for this.. it seems to be mostly you get away with it as an older celeb who is out of the limelight from the examples we've found so far.

Hugh Laurie is terrible.

On the other hand, William Shatner's HasBeen is a great album.

Archived