NJPW World

Sphinx

40 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Has to be Cody vs Kenny for the strap that's the big money match.. I know it happened at supercard but I would gladly pay to see that match on njpw world or ppv or buy a ticket to see it in person

Not a chance that’s happening at WK, maybe sometime before but not at th biggest show of the year. I love Cody but he isn’t at that level in New Japan.

My head says Naito vs Omega, my heart says it’s going to be Ibushi.

Loved it all, screamed in delight when Kenny and Jericho won, no matches disappointed for me at all.

Coming out of this you’ve got 3 feuds leading up to the next big show, Suzuki/Ishii, Jericho/Evil and Omega/Cody.

Praying for a Jericho/Suzuki match at some point.

G1 Climax soon to come, here’s some Kenny Goodness from the last G1 Press Conference.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Called it.

Wasn't exactly bold, given the stip and the length of two of their previous matches, was it?

52 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Not a chance that’s happening at WK, maybe sometime before but not at th biggest show of the year. I love Cody but he isn’t at that level in New Japan.

My head says Naito vs Omega, my heart says it’s going to be Ibushi.

True I guess but I still think there's a ton of money to be made in a Cody vs omega series at the next couple of big shows... I'm very interested in the g1 u.s show and how it pans out

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

A company delivering the results people wanted with matches that were highly anticipated and delivered in the ring?

If people wanted Naito to lose to Jericho, they're very wrong. He lost to Okada, sure, but now he's lost to Zack AND Jericho in big singles matches on the bigger cards. He's 1-3 including the Suzuki match, that's poor and I hope some serious rehab happens in the G1 because at the moment, popular as he is, the message is becoming "pick a fight with Naito, you've got a good chance of winning." He was heir apparent at Christmas, he's becoming a serial loser. Sad panda.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Wasn't exactly bold, given the stip and the length of two of their previous matches, was it?

Ha, you’re right but please don’t take these little victories away from me as they’re rare and fleeting at the best of times.

As for Naito losing... well, at least he didn’t lose clean. Now that he’s no longer IC champ perhaps he’s free to move on to bigger and better things ? Ideally I’d like to see him win the G1 once more and take the title at WK. Though it’s hard to imagine a WK main event without Okada and I don’t see Kenny dropping the belt before then.

That match was incredible. Kenny Omega really is the best performer in wrestling today, just a superb talent. I'm looking forward to what ludacris rating Dave Meltzer gives it next week.

I really did not enjoy Naito/Jericho. It was sloppy, full of botches and Naito looked pissed with Jericho at the end. But Jericho is over with the Japanese audience, loud chants for 'Y2J' and nice pop when he got the victory.

I'm probably the only person who was disappointed with Ospreay/Takahashi. Maybe I need to rewatch it again but I just didn't love it and thought it was good match, nothing more.