"Irish" $tew Allen passes away

Mark Sloan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to pretend to know $tew as well as others here but I do remember seeing him at many a British wrestling show and he was always happy and up for a chat. Always sad to see someone go at a young age.

My thoughts are with his family and all his close friends.

Edited by LSM

• Paid Members

This is truly awful. $tew was a top top guy, exceptionally knowledgeable about the world of Wrestling, but never arrogant with that, which you can get a lot online.

A top bloke in wrestling in general, let alone the UK scene.

Would like to see the four #member name users that have never posted deleted so as to see $tew be the first name whenever anyone clicks UKFF Members, like it always used to be.

• Paid Members

Never knew him personally he introduced me to womens wrestling through Ringbelles and of course DGUK, truly gutted, sleep well big guy.

Dave Prazak/SHIMMER just posted this, the very DVD which Stew sent in to him and got Britani/Paige booked for the first time in the States.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bz24G9pIAAEAl8M.jpg

Edited by Psygnosis

• Paid Members

Never knew him personally he introduced me to womens wrestling through Ringbelles, truly gutted, sleep well big guy.

Dave Prazak/SHIMMER just posted this, the very DVD which Stew sent in and got Britani/Paige booked.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bz24G9pIAAEAl8M.jpg

Stew also sent me a load of DVDs a few years ago so I could make a 'showreel' DVD for Rebecca Quin (Becky Knox) to send to WWE.

A lot of names i haven't seen in a very long time.

Only knew Stew on here and RIM plus the odd email/PM back and forth, shocked to hear of his passing this afternoon. Looking on here and twitter he was someone who left his mark and will be remembered. 37 FFS

RIP

Edited by ultimo the great

• Paid Members

Really sad news. I don't know $tew personally, only as well as the other people I've spent the best part of ten years arguing with on here.

Always thought he was a knowledgeable guy and a respectful poster who didn't need to abuse anyone else to get his points over.

Nice to read that IRL, he made the same mark. Desperately sad to lose anyone at that age. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

RIP $tew.

Sad news. I never met Stew or knew him personally the way a lot of people here did but over the years I had plenty of discussions with him on UKFF and RIM over the years and always enjoyed them.

$tew was one of the main contributors to this forum when I started reading it back in 2001-02 and later one of the first people I interacted with on here.

At the time he had Big Show in his avatar and was a big fan of New Japan, Gotch-ism, headstands and Osamu Nishimura.

I remember his explanations of “MUGA" style wrestling very well.

Someone who really knew his stuff when it came to pro wrestling and whose posts I would look out for, I liked getting his take on things like WWE's Diva Search, early TNA, Triple H, the Trish/Lita feuds, and, when TWC started showing World of Sport, the 'Holy Lightweight Trinity' (Breaks, Grey and Saint). He always came across as both knowledgeable and a great guy in general.

My thoughts are with his family and all those who knew him well.

RIP

• Paid Members

Complete outpouring of sadness on social media over Stew's death. He is one of a very few people who I've never heard a bad word sad about. Terrible shame and a real painful loss for a lot of people. He did a lot to support a collective of us in our wrestling infancy, as he did for so many others.

Rest in peace and thank you $tew

Absolutely gutted.

One of my best memories of Stew was when he was ring announcing for Chickfight at Orpington Halls, Amazing Kong made her presence known and he made a blooper after the match by calling her "Awesome" Kong after the match. Everybody in the audience found this hilarious because she simply was awesome that night. A few months later she used the name Awesome Kong in the TNA debut, me and Stew always laughed about the fact that 'TNA stole his idea' and that he should be calling up and claiming royalties. 

RIP Brother, you were so knowledgable of this profession and we'll all try and make you proud as wrestling fans. You're no longer suffering now <3