"Irish" $tew Allen passes away

Mark Sloan

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but I just wanted to say that in the days of RIM and when I visited the UKFF a lot, I loved reading what $tew had to say. I never met him, yet I'm still really saddened by this news. It's a great shame. It's nice to see so many people I remember from days gone by saying such nice things about him.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I honestly can't think of anything to write/add here that wouldn't sound like a horrendous cliche. I guess cliches really are born out of truth.

Rest in peace, Stew.

Everyone else, the best way I can think of to honour his memory is to do something you enjoy rather than moan about something you don't.

Yep, that was my horrendous screw-up.

Every time I would call Stew, he would answer with a hearty MOJ~, bellowed Irishly.  And that will never happen again, because the world is now more shit than it used to be.  He could see a positive in absolutely anything.  Lee and Stew once interviewed Jenna Morasca and were nice to her.  One of a kind.

In a nut, the world lost it's greatest man, and the world's current greatest man is a pale imitation, who can fuck off.

Oh, and I would like to request a post title change to 'Sad Welshman'.

Now its beginning to sink in abit, just want to say Stew was a gentlemen, a lovely fellah who will be missed around WAW/Bellatrix, especially Bellatrix as a commentator and adviser. He was the man who got Paige and my wife their first chance in America, as a family we will always be grateful for that, i know the two girls are devastated at the loss. Here is a promise Stew your name will live on in a yearly event in our company named after you so we never forget Stew Allen, gentleman, friend colleague. RIP Buddy.

Great idea Ricky, and you can count me in. I was wondering if a memorial show might happen, given what a huge presence he was on the UK scene, and on the women's scene worldwide. You look back to that ChickFight show in Great Yarmouth, and how pivotal it was. The talent on display and the people he met - so much came out of that weekend.

It is rare to find people in life who are fun, friendly, kind and intelligent. It is rarer still to find people on the internet who have all of those qualities. Stew had that rare quality of making you feel listened to and was able to have all manner of debates on pro wrestling that never descended into the usual nonsense, always getting his point across in a fair and articulate way while respecting other viewpoints. He could really write too.

It has been a long time since I've been in touch with the whole 'internet wrestling community' but I'm delighted that Stew got to genuinely be a part of the wrestling business. He deserved it, and I have no doubt the business was a better place for it.

Ex-RIMmers - probably a silly idea, but how about one last edition for Stew? We could host it on some free website or other with a link to a JustGiving page or similar. Might be a nice way to remember him and maybe raise a few quid for charity in the process.

Stew was mentioned in this week's Wrestling Observer too.

David Stewart Allen, 37, co-founder of the Ringbelles web site, passed away on 10/12. He was a commentator for U.K. promotions including Dragon Gate U.K. and Bellatrix (an all-women’s group that Saraya Knight is the big star with). He was well known in the U.K. scene and Paige and Rockstar Spud tweeted about his death. He had announced a few days before his death that he was suffering from a cancer-related issue. His last Tweet regarded Kris Travis, writing to him, “Shit man, I stand on the verge of a probable lymphoma diagnosis and may well end up contemplating the same as you. Good luck.” Originally from Ballymena, Northern Ireland, he had moved to London to study law and became a big fan of women’s wrestling in particular from seeing tapes of Beth Phoenix from OVW, and then following Shimmer. He was also a subscriber here.