RIP Robin Williams

Ars

• Paid Members

If the suicide by hanging is true i guess i won't be watching World Greatest Dad anytime soon.

Didn't stop Sky News doing the whole "and now let's watch a clip of him in action" thing and showing the fucking "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" scene, mind. Twice, on a loop.

Yeah, still showing it. Not cool at all.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't the media lovely?

BuzHz7xCcAAThqU.jpg

Conan O'Brien breaking the news to his studio audience

http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-salutes-robin-williams

Terry Gilliam

Robin Williams, the most astonishingly funny, brilliant, profound and silly miracle of mind and spirit, has left the planet.
He was a giant heart, a fireball friend, a wondrous gift from the gods. Now the selfish bastards have taken him back. Fuck 'em!

I didn't know just how loved he was

• Paid Members

Looked to buy The Fisher King. Can't find the DVD for less than £15!

If you're into Netflix US, it's on there.

http://www.netflix.com/WiRoleDisplay?personid=99687

It's on Netflix UK as well.

Very sad news and horrible shame. His films have been very prominent in my life particularly in the 90s but his death has really reminded me just how much I loved Mork & Mindy as a kid.

• Paid Members

Terrible news, he truly was a one-of-a-kind comedy performer. I'm struggling to think of someone that can do 'heartwarming' as good as he can. Someone in this thread mentioned that he's reduced them to tears more than any other actor, I think the same applies with me. Bicentennial Man in particular had me blubbing.

He just had this natural comedic charm that is so rare. He could've even played Morrissey in a biopic and made him loveable. Oh, and The Genie is definitely one of (if not THE) best voiced animated characters of all-time.

RIP

Sky One are showing Jumanji (8pm) and Awakenings (10pm) tonight while Sky Atlantic has Robin Williams: Set-List....Stand-Up Without A Net (which is apparently fully improvised) at 11:45pm.

The Fisher King is on Sony Movies ( Sky channel323) at 9pm tonight also.

Good Morning, Vietnam is on next Monday on Channel4.

• Paid Members

Sad, as others said it's been an absolutely shit year for celeb deaths with two of my favorites ever James Garner and Rik passing in the last few months. Williams was my favorite actor as a kid and iv'e probably seen more of his films than any other actor, especially Bicentennial Man. Remember hating Pierce Brosnan for years cause he stole his wife in Mrs. Doubtfire. As I got older found him abit naff but will always have the childhood memories. Terrible way to go, have been heartened to see Depression charities and the like getting abit of spotlight though.

Archived