I'll be honest

Kaz Hayashi

I thought Undertaker was played by twins hence the Undertaker vs Underfaker match, so when Kane came in I presumed it was one of the twins playing him.

Also I stopped watching in 1996 until 2000, at first I thought Rikishi was Yokozuna after losing some weight. (My brother thought Bull Buchanan was Ultimate Warrior due to his hook nose)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a few months at my primary school I thought the Rock's real name was Flex Kavana. I was told this by a friend until somebody else mentioned that was his old ring name. Not exactly on topic, but it took me a good few years to realise the Disciple in WCW was actually Brutus Beefcake. I couldn't believe it when I read it!

When I was 9, I was told by a friend a couple of years older than me that the real reason British Bulldog vs. The Berzerker was cut from the Wrestlemania 8 VHS was because The Berzerker actually went Berzerk and tried to kill someone with his sword in the locker room. I totally bought it on account of Berzerker trying to murder The Undertaker during their feud. :laugh:

• Paid Members
When I was 9, I was told by a friend a couple of years older than me that the real reason British Bulldog vs. The Berzerker was cut from the Wrestlemania 8 VHS was because The Berzerker actually went Berzerk and tried to kill someone with his sword in the locker room. I totally bought it on account of Berzerker trying to murder The Undertaker during their feud. :laugh:

You know what, I also remember hearing some shite at school about the Berzerker trying to kill someone bak stage with the sword too.

• Paid Members

How could I forget the whole blood = tomato sauce fable. The idea that wrestlers carried around little packets of sauce that you get from Yates pub dinners is hilarious.

My dad told me it was sauce. I then told Michael Tonge down the street, who told big Dennis who kicked me for talking shit.

Cheers dad.

• Paid Members

You know what, I also remember hearing some shite at school about the Berzerker trying to kill someone bak stage with the sword too.

We got that up here too. I'm sure I was told that he went for Gorilla Monsoon with his big fuck off sword backstage. I think people mixed it up with the "Nailz vs Vince McMahon" incident. Must have happened at the same time.

• Paid Members

There was an episode where he wrestled (I want to say taker) and he brought the sword in to the ring. Whilst taker was lying on the canvas, Berz' tried to stab him with the sword.

I can't remember who the opponent was nor do I know if he 'attacked' others with it. Could be a possible catalyst for the sword swinging radgie story.

I thought Foley was a great wrestler based on all the internet chat and his self-promotion. However, apart from matches in which he was genuinely risking his life in dangerous stunt work, I'm not sure I've ever really seen a match of his I enjoyed.

• Paid Members
I thought Foley was a great wrestler based on all the internet chat and his self-promotion. However, apart from matches in which he was genuinely risking his life in dangerous stunt work, I'm not sure I've ever really seen a match of his I enjoyed.

That's not really a 'misinformed assumption' though, just a matter of opinion. Despite how low Foley's stock has fallen on the UKFFTSE, he's still regarded by most as a great worker in his day.

Where do the Texas Tornado Ultimate Warrior type rumours come from? It's like the Kel from Kenan and Kel dying... I don't understand how that stuff started and managed to spread so much back before the Internet was around for things to go viral.

• Paid Members
Where do the Texas Tornado Ultimate Warrior type rumours come from? It's like the Kel from Kenan and Kel dying... I don't understand how that stuff started and managed to spread so much back before the Internet was around for things to go viral.

Thats a really good question.

I remember hearing at school that the real warrior had died and been replaced. Warrior even addressed later on so it was a massive talking point at the time that seemed to spread to the whole WWF fan base

I too thought Mick Foley either couldn't feel pain or enjoyed it. When my Mum bought me his first autobiography, even though I knew it was all scripted and the outcomes were predetermined, I remember I was expecting to read about his multiple personalities and how he would switch between Mankind and Cactus Jack. In real life, like. As though his personality changes were out of his control and the TV shows had to be written around them.

I would've been about 12 or 13 years old at the time, so not even that young.

Archived