I'll be honest

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Things you have suspected, believed, assumed over the years that were nothing but bollocks. Now sketchy story lines are one thing, such as the giant being Andres baby boy. I'm sure we all heard the playground guff of Texas Tornado replacing the returning Warrior.

For me, I fell victim to my own stupid assumptions, I thought that Finlay used to be Zip from the Bodydonnas.

It's only later when I found out that Zip was Dr Tom.

For whatever reason I never checked the net, and I believed this for some time. Twat.

A kid at school told me that the 123 Kid was only 14. Yup, fell for that too.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things you have suspected, believed, assumed over the years that were nothing but bollocks. Now sketchy story lines are one thing, such as the giant being Andres baby boy. I'm sure we all heard the playground guff of Texas Tornado replacing the returning Warrior.

For me, I fell victim to my own stupid assumptions, I thought that Finlay used to be Zip from the Bodydonnas.

It's only later when I found out that Zip was Dr Tom.

For whatever reason I never checked the net, and I believed this for some time. Twat.

A kid at school told me that the 123 Kid was only 14. Yup, fell for that too.

You're not on your own there! always thought that too

My worst one was actually me refusing to believe something that was true, when Bossman came back as Vince's bodyguard my mate said he'd seen on the internet that it was Bossman underneath the balaclava, I said he was talking shite, mainly because the same lad had told me Flair was going to turn up the night after Mania '14 and twat Austin

Anyway as it turned out, It was Bossman after all and I felt daft for about 9 months until my mate predicted it was Owen Hart who lifted the briefcase in the Austin vs McMahons ladder match

• Paid Members

Despite the accent, I was a wrestling fan for years until I found out Roddy Piper wasn't really Scottish. I just assumed the accent was a consequence of being living in America too long and having his accent distorted. Like listening to Donna Air now, if one is so inclined.

• Paid Members

When I was younger, my brother used to tell me that wrestling was real only until recently. Apparently the wrestlers kept quitting because it hurt too much so they made it fake.

I was young and just getting into wrestling plus I had just started collecting the hasbros. My friend at school had some figures he wanted to sell and so I was more then happy to buy them off him. One of the figures he had for me to buy was the Honky Tonk Man but I hadn't heard of Honky Tonk Man at the time and I thought he said Hulky Talk Man, expecting him to bring in the fella pictured below. I was pretty confused and slightly disappointed the following day at school when he walked in with a strange Elvis looking figure.

WWFHT-002B.jpg

It took me until his 2004 reappearance to finally realise why Paul Bearer was named so

Completely off topic, but I had a similar blind spot with Tails from the Sonic games. Despite playing about every Sonic game and knowing his name was Miles Prower for the past 20 years, 'Miles Per Hour' never clicked in my head until a few months ago.

• Paid Members
Despite playing about every Sonic game and knowing his name was Miles Prower for the past 20 years, 'Miles Per Hour' never clicked in my head until a few months ago.

I did not know this. You learn something new every day!

• Paid Members
Despite playing about every Sonic game and knowing his name was Miles Prower for the past 20 years, 'Miles Per Hour' never clicked in my head until a few months ago.

I did not know this. You learn something new every day!

I always thought it was Miles Power, so never made the connection either.

• Paid Members
It took me until his 2004 reappearance to finally realise why Paul Bearer was named so

Completely off topic, but I had a similar blind spot with Tails from the Sonic games. Despite playing about every Sonic game and knowing his name was Miles Prower for the past 20 years, 'Miles Per Hour' never clicked in my head until a few months ago.

Ive known his name for years and hadn't made the connection until you just made it

Archived