UFC 168: Weidman vs Silva 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not being disrespectful towards Weidman here, as he's a good fighter, but I simply don't think there's a middleweight who can compete with Anderson when he's got his game head on.

The only person who defeats Anderson is himself in my opinion.

I agree to a extent, no one is going to out-strike Anderson unless he dicks about.

I will reserve comment until after this fight to whether I agree in full.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Weidman's looking lean a month out

BaLQ237IAAEZqIz.jpg

I was thinking the other day, Ray Longo doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. Like Matt Serra said in the quote above, Longo took two grapplers - a BJJ guy and a wrestler - and got their striking to a point where they hold knockouts over pretty much the consensus #1 and #2 fighters in the sport and maybe of all-time. It's incredible when you think about it. Two of the biggest upsets in MMA history and the same man was training both guys.

Oh and Cyborg (remember her?) talks Ronda vs Miesha 2;

"Ronda is a little mentally sick. Miesha is more focused. I don

Longo brought out the best in a T-rex armed BJJ player, by teaching him to get inside and use his short and stocky frame to generate power. He worked to Serra's strengths to cover up his limitations.

Knockout wins over Trigg and GSP showed he was doing a stellar job, Serra also knocked down Hughes and beat Lytle on points during this period. Serra was always going to have weaknesses with his frame and size, but to go on the streak he did at 170 is partially down to Longo.

Weidman is easier to coach, as he does not have the physical weaknesses Serra has, its not shocking he is now a decent all round Amercian style boxer, who can throw combos and dictate distance. Not sure if it is Longo who helped Weidman bring elbows into his game, but they are just more weapons in Weidman's toolbox.

Still not sure who I will pick though, my heart still says Anderson

• Paid Members

There's been a bit of a reshuffle of the card;

ufc168poster.jpg

PPV MAIN CARD

Chris Weidman vs Anderson Silva - UFC Middleweight Title

Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate - UFC Womens Bantamweight Title

Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne

Jim Miller vs Fabricio Camoes

Dustin Poirier vs Diego Brandao

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS

Chris Leben vs Uriah Hall

Gleison Tibau vs Michael Johnson

Manny Gamburyan vs Dennis Siver

Siyar Bahadurzada vs John Howard

MMAJUNKIE PRELIMS

Bobby Voelker vs William Macario

Robert Peralta vs Estevan Payan

From what I'm reading this is the current lineup. Looks outstanding. They've moved Leben vs Hall off the main card and onto FOX Sports 1 which makes sense. The main card should be fantastic, and I'm looking forward to all four of the televised prelims there. Only a few weeks now!

I'm sure Siyar was on the MMAJunkie/Facebook/Youtube prelims before as well.

Good switch for Leben/Hall. I was shocked to see them get main card treatment initially given their recent form.

Is it sad I'm probably more excited for this than Christmas? Christmas isn't a big deal for me anymore, I don't get as much stuff and I can buy most things I want anyway. Also, we're a very close family, so the whole "spending time with loved ones" isn't an unusual thing for us.

I love the double main event, as normally when we have two title fights, one is usually bad at drawing by itself- i.e. flyweight, featherweight. In this case, Weidman/Silva and Rousey/Tate could easily headline a major PPV individually. Plus, Josh Fucking Barnett!

• Paid Members

Ronda Rousey on Jimmy Kimmel Live from last night;

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&a...p;v=-RgRpWOcx8U

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&a...p;v=CIGlswipQVQ

Came across well, I thought.

EDIT - Shouldn't the Weidman vs Silva Primetimes be starting soon? Really looking forward to that. Especially if it's heavy on Serra and Longo. And I do mean heavy with those two.

Archived