UFC 168: Weidman vs Silva 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Just checked and Lew Polley's weight miss was even worse than I remembered. It was a fight scheduled for WSOF. A 205lb fight and he came in at a porky 237lbs. 32lbs overweight! Mental. Why even show up? Just call in sick and save yourself the humiliation. As you'd expect that fight got binned and I don't think the WSOF matchmakers kept Lew's phone number.

weidman-silva.0_standard_709.0.jpg

I'm hoping for and expecting Rousey and Barnett to win spectacularly tomorrow. The main event I still think Weidman is going 2-0 but I'm pulling for the Spider to settle the score.

This is more like Christmas Eve than Christmas Eve!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Might be worth it. But don't blame me if it goes tits up. I'd say Weidman has a good chance and Browne is a fairly live underdog. It is a fairly biggish ask but not too bad.

I'm interested to see what the nutty professor John Danaher has "programmed" Weidman to do tonight. What the gameplan will be. Despite the KO last time, I don't think a mostly standup fight is what they'll want and Longo's been predicting Weidman by submission (he called the KO last time).

But it's Anderson Silva. And if the Sonnen fights are anything to go on, then he improves in rematches. 25 minutes is a long time for Weidman to avoid getting Matrixed. If Weidman's cardio is better though, this is going to be a very hard fight for Anderson no matter what happens. I'm in the minority it seems but I'm still fancying a Weidman victory. Either a decision or late submission, but I can't wait to see what the fuck actually happens! I'm about 60/40 in favour of Weidman but I'd love to see Anderson pull it off.

I can see Weidman winning, I think he has a good chance of winning, he has KO'd Anderson already after all. However, I am in the camp of thought that only Anderson beats Anderson so figure that out for twisted logic! Having watched the Countdown show and a bit of the press conference, I don't think Anderson is all that bothered about winning (though he is a very hard man to read), so Weidman's chances of winning tonight have gone us quite a lot for me.

• Paid Members

Yeah and he's talking retirement which is never a good sign. Then again, he's a sly old fuck. He could be giving off this vibe deliberately so people think he's not up for it. He was acting mental before the second Sonnen fight ("I YOU BREAK YOU FACE MAN. I YOU BREAK YOU FACE!" for example). He had a right outburst on the conference call as well if I'm remembering right. And then shouldered Chael in the face at the weigh in. And many were wondering if Sonnen's talk had finally cracked him and he might come in unfocused and overaggressive. But on fight night he was cool headed enough to craftily rub Vaseline on himself pre-fight, he was patient and accurate and he timed the finishing knee to the body perfectly so as not to land an illegal knee.

He's very hard to read. This retirement stuff could all be a big bluff to get Weidman to take him lightly.

I don't care how I do it, I am NOT falling asleep during this tonight.

You're going to take drugs aren't you? You heathen.

I don't care how I do it, I am NOT falling asleep during this tonight.

You're going to take drugs aren't you? You heathen.

Haha. The reason I say that is I used to stay up and watch all the live shows, but recently end up falling asleep during the first main card but. This one is diffferent though.

• Paid Members

Yeah 4/4:30 should be about right to catch the last two fights. With two title fights they'll want to get the co-main on as early as possible.

Haha. The reason I say that is I used to stay up and watch all the live shows, but recently end up falling asleep during the first main card but. This one is diffferent though.

I just hope you've got a therapeutic use exemption for whatever shit you're taking.

there is a pre fight press conference starting before the facebook prelims, I wonder what that is :laugh:

Prior to the kick-off of UFC 168, the UFC has planned a press conference featuring a special announcement. Bloody Elbow is the place to be to catch the presser live at 6 p.m. ET/3p.m. PT. You can catch it in the video above, or if for some reason that doesn't work head over to MMA Fighting.

The special press conference will be immediately followed by the two prelims opening up UFC 168 on Facebook and YouTube starting at approximately 6:30 p.m. ET. After that, the show will move on to Fox Sports 1 for the four televised preliminary fights starting at 8 p.m. ET. The main card will be broadcast on pay-per-view starting at 10 p.m. ET.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/27/5246...ress-conference

• Paid Members

Ronda doesn't care if she gets booed tonight;

"When I did judo, I was booed in thirty different countries all over the world. I didn't know what a cheer was until I started doing MMA. I spent my entire life being the bad guy. If I hear some boos, I mean, I've had some of the best performances of my life being booed terribly. I was at the Pan-Am games in Rio, and they actually had to bring in riot police for the finals, Cuba and Brazil. And I was fighting in Brazil in the finals. Those were some boos, okay? They had riot police on standby. That was a real booing crowd and I fought above myself that day. That's an environment where I do great. So you know what, let there be some boos. Let people be extra excited. Let there be some tension in the crowd. That's what really makes an exciting arena. That's what I want."

Working with Mike Dolce and last words on tonight's fight;

"I was working these long hours on the movies and I got sick a couple of times. And I never get sick. I have one of these like, superhuman ninja immune systems, and I just didn't understand why I was getting sick. So I was like, I've been doing the same things for a while maybe I should change things up. I was like, 'I'm hitting up Dolce.' I went on twitter and said 'send me your number, bro.' He immediately got on it and I've never felt better. I've been bouncing around, I've never had this much energy this close to a fight.

This is a version of me that I think no-one's ever seen before, and definitely Miesha's never seen before. I have three times more experience, my body's never felt this great, I had a great camp and she's in a lot of trouble."

Yeah, RIP Miesha's arm. I was just watching the Best Of Miesha's Arm as well. Tears streaming down my face as I type this etc etc.

:)

Archived