UKFF Top 50 Games 2013

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

The UKFF's Top 50 Games 2013

In 2009 you voted for the UKFF's Top 50 Games. Over four years later, it's time to re-assess the playing field.

As we stand on the cusp of a new console era, what have been the standout titles of this generation? Have any of them made your personal top fifteen? Or are the old standards still the gold standards?

There's been a lot of acclaimed games (whole series even!) since the last survey. Uncharted... Mass Effect... Gears of War... Neir... The Last of Us... Minecraft... Red Dead Redemption... Assassin's Creed... Bioshock... Skyrim... Arkham... Cookie Clicker.

Your 2009 top ten:

10. Final Fantasy VII

9. Tetris

8. Sonic The Hedgehog 2

7. Metal Gear Solid

6. WWF No Mercy

5. Super Mario Kart

4. Resident Evil 4

3. Streets of Rage 2

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

1. GoldenEye 007

As a reminder, the whole thread was here.

How to take part: come up with your top 15 games, ranked in order. Also list the format where appropriate; there was a lot of fuss about this last time for the games where it mattered (e.g. Sonic on the Master System is very different to the Mega Drive). Put a little blurb next to the title if you can, it makes for interesting discussion. Email this list to ukffgames@gmail.com.

Voting will close 27th October. Let the games commence!

Pat replies suspiciously fast, like he has a list ready to go.

5 short though, Pat.

Nah no list to go! I just happened to be at the right place at the right time when this was posted. Shall do an extra 5 then, or do you want the entire list with 5 extra?

• Paid Members

Sam Andreas missed out on the top 10 last time and Vice City placed second? Right, time to ensure I contribute to remedying that this time around.

Oh and well in Pat. No list on stand-by my arse...

• Awards Moderator
Sam Andreas missed out on the top 10 last time and Vice City placed second?

Sam Andreas and Vic City are an NXT tag team waiting to happen. One's a ghetto thug, the other a mafioso wideboy. Actually, just pair Titus O'Neil and Enzo Amore.

• Awards Moderator
God dammit Black2!

I agonised over making this list so much last time.. Here we go again! :/

You didn't want to get any work done today, did you?

It surprised me how many good games and series have come along in the last 4 years. I think this list will be really different. However someone should tell Pat they're still making games today, it'd blow his mind. I'm not sure he's listed any from this century (I kid, but it's not far off that!).

• Awards Moderator
Are only console games eligible or are PC format games acceptable?

Vectrex games are eligible, as are iOS, Intellivision, Atari ST, Flash games, CPC 464, whatever. Literally anything. The 8 bits got a very poor showing in the last list. Sickwoy and I suspected the average forum age had something to do with it: there was a strong bias to the N64 and PS1/2.

However someone should tell Pat they're still making games today, it'd blow his mind. I'm not sure he's listed any from this century (I kid, but it's not far off that!).

Hey, 6/15 are post 2000. I haven't got any of the current gen consoles, well, I've got a Wii, but that hasn't been opened, since I got it with my last phone upgrade . I want to resolve that with my next phone upgrade, which why asked about PS3 when upgrading and stuff really want to get stuck into Skyrim, GTA 5 and the now older IL2, game and the Global Defence Force updates amongst others. It's not through lack of want, but rather lack of cash which means gaming effectively peaked with PS2 at present. I'm working on it though! :thumbsup:

Archived