Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Interesting to see where they go with the tag tournament now, given that all 4 1st round matches saw babyface wins, technically.

You'd expect that Usos & Hype Bros will be de facto heels in the semis, considering who they're facing and recent reactions to the four remaining teams.

I can't see the storyline of Slater needing to win the tourney to get a contract being sacrificed at the expense of the Hype Bros, although stranger things have happened. Which would suggest Slater and Rhyno face the Usos in the final, which combined with that necessitating the Usos knocking out Jordan and Gable might constitute the heel turn many feel the Usos sorely need.

But where does that leave American Alpha, since the tournament initially looked to me to be a vehicle for them? American Alpha vs Rhyno and Slater would seem an odd pairing for the final, given that both acts seem to be heavily on the babyface side right now.

Full-on redneck Slater is gold, BTW.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's funny, ive never been too much of an Ambrose fan, but i thought he was really good in the Ziggler feud as big shot Dean. He needs to tone down the wackiness, but I've really liked his reign on top of smackdown.

I'll still prefer it when AJ topples him, mind

It's two things with Dean I think - first, a lot of his great promos that people remember are him cast as a heel getting to be a bit obnoxious and confident, which doesn't work so well when you're the babyface. And second, with his credibility taking a kicking, he's doing the confident act and walking around like he's the man when the people don't see him that way because they associate him with failure. There's a disconnect that he can't make up. He was so much better as the subtle douche in the Ziggler feud, and now he's back to just being a babyface with little cred and a gold belt on the obvious B show, what's there to get behind? What exciting angle do they do with Dean?

Archived