Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Can't believe we're even kidding about Rock doing a segment with fucking James Ellsworth while Shinsuke Nakamura works in front of 350 people at the Shreveport Boys Club. One of those things that spotlights just how messed up things are.

https://twitter.com/ScottDawsonWWE/status/799278020162764800

Smgirac.jpg

3S1pgo3.jpg

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw some of the divas part last night and it didn't sit well with me at all. For starters, you've got Charlotte and Sasha working together after trying to kill each other a few weeks ago, and then you've got the best pure babyface for years in Bayley taking part in a 5 on 1 assault. All for the honour of defending Raw.

Nia Jax looked absolutely hideous in a t-shirt too.

This is all I took away from the show. Sasha and Bayley were the first ones in there to put the boots in on face Nikki. Absolutely ridiculous. They could have easily explained away them staying backstage not wanting any part of the captains shenanigans while Jax and Fox joined Charlotte.

That Revival bloke tweeted stupidly there. WWE should bring them in as random eight man tag jobbers next week, used just like the Head Bangers and Spirit Squad were against the Survivor Series lads. Teach the cunt a lesson.

Undertaker being back as a regular is exciting, unless he just meant it like that time The Rock said he was never going away again. But apart from a match with AJ at that big Rumble, I don't see much for Taker to do on Smackdown. Surely nobody cares to see him do a third feud with the Wyatts, and who is the next heel down? Miz could work I suppose, if he loses the title again. Then it's Baron Corbin.

I do like the revival, but was he thinking straight there?

I know its only a little prod at the state of the talent, but both Spirit Squad and Headbangers are former World Tag Champion, and Elsworth is just there as comedy relief (which will lead to him getting fired soon enough), so its a bit silly to say "2 sets of former tag champs come back, LOLZ" 

• Paid Members

Headbangers are former World Tag Champion

I think he's stupid for saying it, because The Revival WILL get a call-up and won't get Vaudevillain-ed because A) they're much better and B) they're not restricted due to a niche gimmick. They're much, MUCH better off leading the NXT tag division for now and then waiting for the right moment to be called up rather than having one of the shitty spots the two old tag teams have where they are comedy value and/or simply making up the numbers.

But I've quoted the Headbangers comment because regardless of whether they're former champions (I mean, who isn't??), bringing them back was bizarre. Most don't know who they are as they barely get mentioned in the nostalgic shows about the Attitude Era, those that do remember them would rather forget because yet were fucking rotten and also their shitty gimmick doesn't translate today. So if they don't work as a modern team or a nostalgic act, what's the point in them?? New Age Outlaws, fair enough. It was good to see them have a run a couple of years ago. These two no-marks? Get out!

I agree, it was a strange call up, but I mentioned that because they have experience on the main roster and are former champions, (which yes fair enough most teams are), but in saying something snarky about guys WWE themselves have chosen to bring back, who had a fair bit of experience under their belt, just seems silly to me because, as you've rightly pointed out, they will be coming to the main roster at some point.

Most don't know who they are as they barely get mentioned in the nostalgic shows about the Attitude Era, those that do remember them would rather forget because yet were fucking rotten and also their shitty gimmick doesn't translate today. So if they don't work as a modern team or a nostalgic act, what's the point in them?? New Age Outlaws, fair enough. It was good to see them have a run a couple of years ago. These two no-marks? Get out!

The Outlaws held the tag titles for a few months and lost them in a high profile match to the Usos, that was planned as a WrestleMania moment until WWE had a panic when Punk quit. The Headbangers aren't really "having a run" are they? They're just popping up as jobbers once in a while. It's absolutely ridiculous to cry about that as an up and comer, especially in the context of them having a spot that should belong to the Revival. Its like Samoa Joe sitting there fuming that he isn't being given Darren Young's booking.

Very dumb thing for that Revival guy to post on social media. People have been buried/mothballed for less. If I was his tag partner I'd be as livid as I was nervous.

I've just caught up on SmackDown. That neckbreaker to Nikki off the apron should have been reserved for an injury angle, not something that'll be forgotten a few minutes later when she's going after Charlotte at ringside.

When Taker began his speech with something like "There can be no better SmackDown Live commissioner than the man who has no fear," I was hoping he'd follow up by saying that he himself, however, would make a better member of the actual Survivor Series team. Instead we're asked to believe that of all the things he could have come back to voice an opinion on, the Phenom gives the biggest shit about the honour of a brand he wasn't even drafted to, and had no exclusive affiliation with during his last match seven months ago. Hey Deadman, if you've always hated Raw so much, how come you've always chosen a Monday night for your biggest returns the past few years?

Archived