Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Slater and Rhyno have to win on Sunday. They can only drag out this free agent thing for so long. instead they'll probably wait 6 months then have him get one when nobody cares anymore.

• Paid Members

Yeh, it very much seems like they had their objectives - Alpha aren't winning, but we're not having them lose either. The Usos have to turn heel within the tournament, get to the final and play spoilers to the fun Heath Slater story to amp them up as assholes. But we're protecting Alpha till the death.

I don't have any problem with that as an objective, so while I can't say the losers being re-entered flows super smooth, I'll accept it because I think the end game is well calculated. Usos should be hot heel champions, and Alpha will be on their tail.

Yeah, to be fair to WWE I think they've booked the tag tournament as well as they could. With Slater and Rhyno getting babyface reactions it wouldn't make sense to have them and AA up against each other, it defeats the object of the Slater trying to get a contract story- the angle needs to end with him up against a heel team. You don't want to split the crowd in this kind of situation.

Also, I'm glad they haven't hotshot AA straight to the titles. They've only just made the jump- stretch it out a bit, make them chase the titles rather than blowing your load so early. Then when they eventually win them, it'll mean much more. If they win the titles from the off, where do you go from there? And it makes sense for a heel Usos team to be the ones for them to chase. Smackdown desperately needed a top heel team and lets be honest, although they've grown a bit stale as faces, the Usos are a very solid tag team. They could have some absolute belters with AA.

• Paid Members

The super kick to the back of the knee was superb. Just the jump into the stamp as well was so well done. Gable sold it like a hero as well, the guy is undoubtedly the best rookie to come through WWE in years. Would love to see that being utilised by the Uso's before using the tequila sunrise as well. Overall such a well done angle. 

• Paid Members

Slater's one of those painfully under-utilised guys that's genuinely funny and entertaining in segments, same with a guy like Sandow. Give me either of those two over 90% of the roster painfully stuttering through poorly scripted comedy sketches.

• Paid Members

Breezango to beat up Kane in 2 on 1 situations until he's saved from the bully's making fun of him by his older, tougher brother, leading to Taker returning to head up the tag division until the Rumble or so where Kane tells him he wants to find out once and for all who the better brother is and leads to a retirement match at Mania with both going in the Hall of Fame the night before and both retiring after (as with Big Show also going to the Hall of Fame as I'm sure he's fighting Shaq), have a year with big hoss's going into the HoF like JBL and such.

Its so dreadful I want it to happen now.

The Usos attack looked brutal, great segment and their promo in the studio area wasn't bad either. 

Seeing as everyone on this roster appears most weeks meaning nobody gets lost in the shuffle, Kane is a complete waste of a spot

Archived