Smackdown Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, AlbertsNextGimmick said:

I think it'll play out at Summerslam but part of me would like to see them go longer and hold out until Mania. Have The Miz win MITB, then at Summerslam have Bryan vs. Styles/Nak (whoever is champ), then as it looks like Bryan is about to win The Miz cashes in. Over the next few months The Miz keeps avoiding Bryan (he could even get some new lackeys who keep costing Bryan numer 1 contender matches). Then Daniel Bryan finally wins the Royal Rumble leading to the main event at Mania being Daniel Bryan vs The Miz. 

I’d even have Bryan win at Summerslam then have Miz cash in successfully. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Almas was a bit fucking rough with that jobber, wasn't he? Jesus Christ! Shades of Perry Saturn. That spinning elbow thing looked like he nearly killed him! I wonder if it wasn't agreed beforehand that the jobber would get a bit of offence in? It seemed that the moment the poor guy tried to get some of his own shit in, Almas decided to kill him.

Kofi jumping from the steps to Cesaro's shoulders before delivering the splash on Sheamus was super cool. Hoping Kofi's in the ladder match to come up with a couple of fun spots.

I've just checked online, and am astonished to discover that Sonya Deville is genuinely trained and has actually competed in MMA. Watching her act on WWE TV, I never ever would've guessed that. She just feels completely phoney and inauthentic. That shadow boxing in the strobe lights looked so shit. Nothing about her suggests she's a hard case at all. I'm just waiting for the day when Shayna comes up and batters her. 

Samoa Joe vs. Daniel Bryan is more like it. Looking forward to that next week. You can sense a very clear reaction from whoever is writing to the criticism of Daniel Bryan's portrayal. He went from being treated as just another guy, to suddenly smashing fuck out of people and winning main events. It's good business sense. If you're going to be getting four million dollars a show from FOX, you better hope a guy like him sticks around when his contract runs out in September.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, stevestryka said:

Call me stupid (many have)...but why would Nakamura pick a stipulation which could lead to another draw?

Why not at least go with an "I quit" match for example?

Considering their last match ended in a double 10 count this was a dumb idea.

They're fair ploughing through the Daniel Bryan dream matches. 

By next week they will have blown 3 matches on SmackDown already involving him that could have headlined the PPV events.

I'm at a complete loss with this styles/naka feud. Like, what the fuck is going on here. It feels like it's been going on a year and nothing has happened apart from screwy shite. Styles has somehow become almost unlikeable, borderline a whiny justin roberts mardarse, the whole thing is the most underwhelming shite i've seen for yonks.

• Paid Members

Bryan vs Joe in a WWE ring. Love that. 

They're booking Bryan brilliantly - it's kind of an authentic new direction for him in some respects - obviously they've never shied away from him being a submission expert but there's been an added sense of aggression during the last couple of weeks. Great way to re-establish him as a proper threat and, most importantly, a top guy to be reckoned with. If they're building towards Bryan/AJ at Summerslam then I'm game for that. 

5 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I'm down for a Last Man Standing match as long as the finish is the double nut shot from before only the twist this time is one of them is wearing a cup. Don't let me down WWE.

I really, really hope that they're finally pulling the trigger on Joe.

I've been amazed at how resilient he's been in WWE to losses.  In TNA, once he started to lose, he looked like a chump.  Here, despite basically losing every feud so far, he takes a couple of weeks off and arrives back on Smackdown looking and sounding like the most dangerous man in wrestling.

I know he's never been their chosen one, and I know that Styles and Bryan are the fan favourites, but if they put their faith in Joe now they'll have another main event star for the next few years at least.  He's the one guy in WWE at the moment that makes you think that it's real - or who comes across like he thinks it's real.

How you book it, I'm not sure, but I'd like to see a good long WWE Championship reign from Joe this year.  Hell, go Attitude Era and hotshot the title between him, Styles and Bryan all year.  But for me, right now, Joe is the one WWE star who, when the music hits, you think "fuck yeah".

There was another wonderful WWE logic flaw on this weeks episode

2 Weeks ago Mandy Rose Beats Becky Lynch

Last Week in a qualifying Match Becky Lynch Beats Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville in a triple Threat with Sonya taking the pinfall

So this week Logic/fairness whatever you want to call it should surely dictate that if one of them is in a qualifying Match its Mandy, she hasn't lost and has a win to her name so deserves the chance but nope it's Sonya who gets the qualifying Match 

Not a big thing but just something that really shouldnt have been that hard to write and would at least have given a reason for the match if it was Mandy vs Naomi rather then Sonya randomly getting another chance despite losing already and the comms never even mentioning last weeks loss.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Loki said:

I really, really hope that they're finally pulling the trigger on Joe.

I've been amazed at how resilient he's been in WWE to losses.  In TNA, once he started to lose, he looked like a chump.  Here, despite basically losing every feud so far, he takes a couple of weeks off and arrives back on Smackdown looking and sounding like the most dangerous man in wrestling.

I know he's never been their chosen one, and I know that Styles and Bryan are the fan favourites, but if they put their faith in Joe now they'll have another main event star for the next few years at least.  He's the one guy in WWE at the moment that makes you think that it's real - or who comes across like he thinks it's real.

How you book it, I'm not sure, but I'd like to see a good long WWE Championship reign from Joe this year.  Hell, go Attitude Era and hotshot the title between him, Styles and Bryan all year.  But for me, right now, Joe is the one WWE star who, when the music hits, you think "fuck yeah".

Yeah, I'm really hoping they go all the way with Joe now. Even at the time, when it was understood that they were sticking to, "The Plan," of Roman beating Brock at Wrestlemania, it still felt absolutely criminal that they didn't explore the momentum Joe was building last year by letting him beat Brock at Great Balls of Fire. In retrospect, now knowing what a fucking mess they made of Roman when the time eventually came, it's even more frustrating. Joe's got something. He had it when he came in and he's continued to have it despite being jobbed out to everyone. Imagine if they finally pull the trigger. He could be something special. 

I wonder if it's his proneness to injury that's stopping them?

Love the idea of Aj or Nakamura revealing a cup at the end of the Last Man Standing match. It reminds me, why hasn't anyone ripped off that Bret Hart/Goldberg/Metal Plate angle? It's been nearly twenty years! They repeat everything else, why not something as awesome as that?

Archived