Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Day and Usos in the cell would be great, and it's definitely more deserving of it than the lame Jinder vs Nakamura feud. The only trouble is if we draw a line under New Day vs Usos with a cell match, there isn't really anyone new for either team to feud with afterwards. Usos could go into something with Breezango, I suppose, but I don't know what there is for New Day. So I'd definitely have them in the cell, and just ignore that it's meant to end the feud if we need it to continue after. I'd love to see the Uso entourage from a couple of months back get involved too.

• Paid Members

That's how they booked The AscensionĀ when they were called up to the main roster after dominating NXT for ages. Creative lost all interest in them after just a few weeks, because the act is so one-dimensional. Either they beat everybody or they lose their aura, so unless the direction is for them to win the belts and dominate the division for a long time then the writers need to work hard to consistently find ways to keep them looking monstrous without having themĀ beat the tag champions. Considering that these AOP guys are even more limited as performers than The Ascension were, I just don't see WWE investing that much effort in them.

I actually do like the Authors of Pain, but they would definitely be better served as henchmen for someone rather than a standalone act.

• Paid Members

Give them a feud with the Hardys? They could make them look a million dollars until the cows come home, and give them something of an education on the road as well. Give them the Strowman push where they just roll over teams of 3 or 4 lads until they're ready for a proper feud? Have them replace or augment the Miz's little crew?

• Paid Members

AOP are bigger lads than the Ascension, though, surely? And have the added benefit of having Paul Ellering with them - presumably they'd bring him to the main roster with them, unless he's not up for the touring schedule?

Archived